account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Arc keeps dropping wifi connection

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 11 of 501
Message 11 of 501

Re: Xperia Arc keeps dropping wifi connection

I have tried one of those apps and it did help. However, using these apps is a little bit cumbersome. And wifi should work out of the box! I have a multitude of wifi devices at home, and all of them (including other Android devices) never had any trouble connecting to my wireless network. SE should fix these wifi problems!

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 12 of 501
Message 12 of 501

What app did you use? I've tried the first two. The first one is unlocateable somehow :S. The second, I don't know if it's working, but while I'm still having severe timeouts, the connection seems to be 'alive' a bit more. After clicking on a link in the browser, it just doesn't fly anymore. Somehow it has to awaken (again.. every time).

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 13 of 501
Message 13 of 501

Only install 'Blade Wifi Fix' from Android market (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.bladewififix&feature=search_result) and uninstall any wifi apps which I had recommended earlier and try.

Also restart your router and mobile phone once its installed.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 14 of 501
Message 14 of 501

I have used this one: https://market.android.com/details?id=org.wahtod.wififixer

It works most of the time, but it isn't really reliable. Again, this is an Android issue. SE should fix this in the next update.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 15 of 501
Message 15 of 501

Yeah the wifes arc is doing the same. She cab be using the face book app then all of a sudden connection error, wifi lost. She has to come out and stop/ start the wifi again. Please sort this SE!

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 16 of 501
Message 16 of 501

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc keeps dropping wifi connection huge problem

Hey guys! same wi fi problem on xperia arc and found lots of buyers with this frustrating issue. this is something they knew even before launching the phone. normally the new phone are tested thousands of times before releasing day and what makes me mad is that they keep not responding to this. if you carefully search on google you will find a lot of people having the problem wit wi fi of sony ericsson xperia arc even if they replace it. they technical support said to me that they never heard of such problem and they recommend an update. so thay do not know even it is all over the internet. layers!! try everithing though so the last option will be to ask for a refund and look for better options. please let me know if you have and positive reactions. have a good one guys

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 17 of 501
Message 17 of 501

If this is true what you're saying SE will have a big problem in the future. A lot of buyers gave SE a second chance after the mistakes made with the X10. I'm still a bit laid back about this hoping for an update, but I can image a lot of people not getting a SE again, especially when there are other Android devices which are working perfectly.

I've resetted my phone and it helped remove the battery drain, however, the WiFi problem remains. It's less frequent though, and what I did was change the protection to TKIP only instead of Auto/AES (WPA PSK2). So i'm pretty okay now, since I don't need it all the time and WiFi does work in the beginning. Still, this needs a quick update, because long WiFi sessions are bound to go wrong.

SE please let your customers know what you're doing instead of only saying that these comments are passed on. The phone has been out there quite a while, and people are getting frustrated by it. Errors can be made everywhere, but I think it's fair for us to know what the status is with these big problems, especially since the Arc is suposed to be the flagship. (which it is, apart from these glitches...)

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 18 of 501
Message 18 of 501

Found a six year old D-Link DWL-2000AP+ - Running this in WPA-PSK mode works for me, but it makes me use two access points.

Degrading my N-network to WPA-PSK does not letting the Arc stay online - neither dose degrading it to G-net and WPA-PSK.

SE - Get a grip and solve this

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 19 of 501
Message 19 of 501

Hahaha latest! Technical support is off week ends! I also heard that this is more freqvantly in wpa but if so they should write that on the box with big red letters!

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 20 of 501
Message 20 of 501

Exactly my point.

We shouldn't act on ICT level just to get WiFi going, the software should be errorproof.

So SE, when can we expect to actually make full use the WiFi functionality on the Arc? Winking Face