account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Arc S Seemingly Dead

Highlighted
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Xperia Arc S Seemingly Dead

Hi, A couple of weeks ago, my Xperia Arc S was heating up fairly hot towards the earpiece area, then after a couple of days of using it without charging the battery went flat (which is quite normal).

However when I went to charge it, the phone doesnt seem to charge at all, no leds flash or turn on (I have also tried using different chargers). And when  I try to turn the phone on, nothing happens, no vibration, no sony screen, nothing.

I have also tried to plug it in to my PC Companion but the computer doesnt pick it up.

Can anyone help?

Cheers

5 REPLIES 5
Emperor
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Xperia Arc S Seemingly Dead

Try this 

Remove the battery > press and hold power for 5 seconds > connect the phone to a wall charger > place the battery back on > let it charge for 2 to 3 hours > after 2-3 hours try to turn it on again 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Hi, Just tried that, no luck Slightly frowning Face any other ideas?

Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

How about after 1 your of charging,you try to repair with sony update service.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Hi, just tried that, but pc still doesnt recognise a phone connected.

Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Take it into service.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.