account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xpeia ZQ (ZL) periodically loses the GSM signal. Voice, messages and network stop working.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Xpeia ZQ (ZL) periodically loses the GSM signal. Voice, messages and network stop working.

I don't know what is wrong with this device. Periodically I can see the red icon telling me I don't have GSM signal. All of the mobile functions are lost (3G/4G, voice and messages). After a few seconds everything is ok again.

I have the lastest version of official software and even without any third part applications the problem occurs. 

Anyone has the same problem, or know some solution/workaround?

Thank's in advance.

Joubert

10 REPLIES 10
One time poster
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Xpeia ZQ (ZL) periodically loses the GSM signal. Voice, messages and network stop working.

I've had an Xperia Z (replacing a lost Xperia S) for the past few months, and it happens to me too.  Earlier in the week, and not for the first time, I couldn't access the internet outside of wi-fi zones.  Orange suggested a Factory Reset, which I've done, and now while everything on the handset is been operating normally the "Restore" function in PC Companion doesn't work.  Hence I've lost ALL my contacts until it resolves.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Re: Xpeia ZQ (ZL) periodically loses the GSM signal. Voice, messages and network stop working.

Yes I can confirm even I have noticed this on my phone... glad you brought it up

this seems to be an issue

Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

Do you have good network coverage all the time?You are using 2G(GSM) or 3G(WCDMA)?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Rookie
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

Yes, I have good coverage all the time. I saw several users with the same issue.
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

I do not own the device,but I might guess that you may be accidentally covering the antenna,which may cause in particular cases signal loss.Also the software could have its issues.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Rookie
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

The problem must be the software. Sometimes the device is on the table and the signal is lost.
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

It is not the first time sony delivers buggy software.It is the first update,right?

Rookie
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

I think so, but I have this device for a few days. I had a dead s4.
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

If you are willing to try,you can repair phone software with sony update service.It may bring you better performance and remove the signal loss.