account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

XPeria Go shutting down automatically when SIM Card is inserted

Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

XPeria Go shutting down automatically when SIM Card is inserted

Hi,

I am using Xpera Go. From today morning my phone is switching off when sim card is there. Its works fine if I switch on mobile without sim card.

Please some one help me. 

I followed the below method by seeing this URL http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-P/Xperia-P-shutting-down-after-inserting-a-Sim-card/td-p/332407 . It didn't work for me 

I had the same problem too.This worked for me:
1.Open your phone without sim
2a(Ice cream Sandwich):Then Go to the settings->more->mobile networks->Network mode or  2b(Gingerbread) Settings>Wireless and networks>Mobile networks>Network Mode
3:And change network mode to WCDMA only(this worked for me).
4:Insert your Sim and restart your phone

The above method didnt work for me.

Can someone help me out immediately.

-Thanks,

Sudheer

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: XPeria Go shutting down automatically when SIM Card is inserted

Is your SIM broken?can you test it on another phone?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for your reply.

My sim has not broken. I have tested in another mobiyle. Its working without any issues.

Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Then it must be software issue.Have you installed any apps recently that could interfere?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

4 days back I have installed an app called PhotoGrid. 

Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

I have uninstalled the apps then checked. It is behaving the same.

Can you please help me out. Can't imagine without my mobile

Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Try to start your phone in safe mode.Power button press-tap longer on shut down-safe mode restart.If the phone is behaving normally,then it is a problem with some apps.

One time poster
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

sir my xpiria go mobile  inserted sim  automatically shutting down sir but wcdma mode change after not shutting down sir 

so plz help me sir ....................................................................................plz send the solliution sir