account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

XPERIA V Does not connect to 4G or 4G LTE Network in Miami - Metro PCS. Only connects to 2G

Rookie
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

XPERIA V Does not connect to 4G or 4G LTE Network in Miami - Metro PCS. Only connects to 2G

Hi, I went to Miami and buy a Metro PCS Sim Card; the calls, SMS and some services (Whatsapp, Facebook, Messaging services) works but any service that requires more bandwidth is not working(Youtube, Facebook wall, chrome), when I try to find the cellphone network it only shows 2G MetroPCS, it wont show the 4G network.

I take the phone to the Metro PCS dealer and then to the MetroPCS offices and they says that is the phone, Contact Sony Chat Support and they send me this link to PcCompanion to update the phone, I did it and the phone gets the 9.2.A.2.5 version, anyway it does not connect to 4G network, also it gets very hot.

I use it with the 4G network in Colombia(Claro) and it works very well just 2 weeks ago.

Is there anything I can do instead of following the Metro PCS suggestions(Buying a Samsung Galaxy????).

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Master
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: XPERIA V Does not connect to 4G or 4G LTE Network in Miami - Metro PCS. Only connects to 2G

Sounds like there might be something wrong with the SIM card, you should ask the operator to replace it for you.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: XPERIA V Does not connect to 4G or 4G LTE Network in Miami - Metro PCS. Only connects to 2G

Thanks for your answer, I try that with the MetroPCS people and also take it to the MEtroPCS technical personal and they dont know why it does not connect to 4G, it keeps connecting to 2G.