account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XPERIA SP red light when plugged in and won't turn on.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

XPERIA SP red light when plugged in and won't turn on.

My Sony Xperia SP recently decided to switch itself off while chargin, it was reaching 100%unitl it turned off and the charging light turned red, and since the it always turns red. I've tried multiple cables inluding the sony one, and tried so many different methods to turn it back on, none of them work. Even when I plug the USB in, the device is not recognised by my computer or Sony PC Companion. Any Solutions?

7 REPLIES 7
Emperor
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: XPERIA SP red light when plugged in and won't turn on.

Connect the phone to a wall charger > press and hold power & volume up for 10 seconds > let it charge for 2 to 3 hours 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

isnt it supposed to vibrate after the 10 second period?

Emperor
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Not all the time, just follow my suggestion, even if it doesn't show signs of life

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

If that doesn't work then you will have to contact your local Xperia Care

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

Visitor
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

What should i do/happen after the 2-3 hours?

Emperor
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

After 2-3 hours the phone should power on by itself, if it doesn't then you will have to take it to your local Xperia Care

One time poster
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Dont know if you have resolved this issue or not but I recently had this issue. I contacted sony and they are giving me a replacement, if yours is under warranty you can get a replacement free of charge, if it isnt under warranty you might be charged for the repair