account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

X10 repair

Apprentice
Message 1 of 15
Message 1 of 15

X10 repair

Hi
Anybody out there still have a Xperia x 10 and has repair issues
From recent correspondence with the support qroup, it seems according to escalations that the x 10 is non recyclable despite the standing policies regarding SUSTAINABILITY CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY AND RECYCLING to a) Re use parts and components in reconstruction and remanufacture b) the remaining materials the casing lenses glass batteries not used for remanufacture recycled and used for other purposes maybe other products and c) anything left incinerated to create energy for example district heating
I refer you all to the Sony mobile website with these policies
In my case I was offered zero recycle value despite 90 % of handset still working and still much to offer. I was quoted for an exchange because they couldn't find the part for an Xperia S for more than I can buy this model on open market and a recondotion one not new at that
So I protested and feel betrayed I believwd the policies When I bought my Xperia and am wondering about the future why have such policies and then when things do go wrong Sony cannot repair old phones because they don't seem to follow the sustainability and recycling policies
I shall be pursuing this issue as Sony propose To return the phone unrepaired as they do not have the parts needed ( don't keep them) despite thebpolicies one reads designed and intended to prevent this happening
Customer service appalling

14 REPLIES 14
Emperor
Message 2 of 15
Message 2 of 15

Re: X10 repair

@Andytrevor

I have an Xperia X10. 

As for your issue, you will have to stay in contact with your Local support. The Xperia X10 was released in 2010, and it was released under Sony Ericsson, and it reached its EOL a few years back, it make sense that they no longer have spare parts for this device, with that said, what was the issue of the phone. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 3 of 15
Message 3 of 15

Re: m4 aqua overheated

Hi uliwooly
This is Andrew trevor untried to answer your question concerning my issues with Xperia x 10 and the recycling issues but the. Reply was not delivered error message came up. Do you have an alternative address or know what I should do ??
I have having serious problems and escalations team are not providing customer service. How do I find the presifent of Sony. To get a satisfactory resolution
Emperor
Message 4 of 15
Message 4 of 15

@Andytrevor

That's the only info I have

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 5 of 15
Message 5 of 15

Apparently my X10 is unrepairable and unrecyclable but if one looks to the Sony mobile sustainability recycling programmes it is recyclable because the parts can be used for other means step 1 or materials reused glass, plastics camera lens the aperture the casing the battery the charger the memory card the core.processor the small. Bits you don't see.the only defect was a sim card stuck inside and slight damage and the unit could not be replaced. Before thus phone was launched the sustainability and recycling programmes were already in place. In south America Sony mobile recycle old phones and give a discount on a new purchase ( one presumes engineer will assess each case) and escalations say they can't do this ( or can't be bothered) to adhere to the laid down policies. It's easy enough to transport parts back and forth to and from the recycling centre as SONY is operating all over the globe. I am not happy and feel betrayed will any x10 users out there support me. I would.like signatures to join me in a protest to the ceo/president to honour hus own policies and offer customer value against new purchases besides all phones whatever.model have something to offer steps 1.2 and 3 and also customer loyalty should be appreciated
Apprentice
Message 6 of 15
Message 6 of 15

The recycle scheme is called "Vive el Cambio " promoted by Kim from sustainability communications and started in may 2014 nothing was mentioned about this by escalations I find out by chance it occurs they should be doing this in UK otherwise simply.transport the parts and request parts they may sometimes need from.the portal in south America it is a global company with global.policies
Emperor
Message 7 of 15
Message 7 of 15

@Andytrevor

I'm looking into it and this part

"4. Sony y sus liales realizará las acciones tendientes a la gestión de los EQUIPOS recibidos de parte del CLIENTE, en cumplimiento de los requerimientos locales legales en materia ambiental, para lo cual se entiende autorizada para gestionar (reciclar y/o dar disposición nal) sus componentes.

4. Sony and its affiliates are engaged in activities aimed at the management of equipment received from the client, in compliance with local legal environmental requirements, for which it is understood authorized to manage (recycle and / or make available nAL) components."

You might want to check if there's an issue or if your local legal environmental requirements changed. 

Bc if you check here:

http://www.viveelcambio.com/donde-reciclo

Screen Shot 2015-12-23 at 10.44.27 AM.png

your phone should qualify 

Apprentice
Message 8 of 15
Message 8 of 15

Escalations say they don't participate as they are in UK
So what??? Sony is a conglomerate multi national global company and Sony mobile works under the same 4 philosophy :: sustainability ;recycling corporate social responsibility (CSR) and green heart
It is wrong and hypocritical to dismiss products they made in the first place and not give any discount on new product in one place of the world and not another
And even so it would be simplicity to ship on a regular basis the Recycle objects received to the nearest recycling point as a customer service. Just as in reverse Sony mobile UK could be requesting parts from Amy place in the world.because they can do this they could create a databank each time a phone is stripped down into a centralised computer record in real time. When a part is used it comes off the system. Then in theory any phone may be repairable and if not repairable parts can either be logged in to the system for the future or recycled and everybody is happy. There should be no and I mean no discrimination the products are the same the company is the same the policies are the same and the customers share the same expectations and should bot be discriminated like they seem to do
Why don't they escalations team tell people about Vive el Cambio and help them??
Emperor
Message 9 of 15
Message 9 of 15

@Andytrevor

I'll try to escalate this but you will probably have to wait until after the holidays 

Learner
Message 10 of 15
Message 10 of 15

I have looked again at the policies and I can't discern any reason for Sony mobile being different from the rest of the world.as it was intended to be global!
If it is global applicable to everybody there should not really be diversions like you claim ; there is a scheme promoted on sonymobile.com recycling where you receive an evoucher for any phone sent in and this follows when you highlight ( your product eg Xperia x10 from the catalogue of phones) so one believes the Xperia x10 is included. Also Kim from Sony Sustainability Communications promotes and encourages customers to return old phones and receive a discount on any Sony product and this is what I expected because SONY IS A MULTI NATIONAL and all members of the conglomerate should speak and communicate and collaborate with each other
Without this it is a farce and inequitable it should not matter where you are from you can easily ship the products to the nearest portal or even to a centralised recycling bank for example. Also it is incredible if what you are saying is true you don't hold details of the compliance executive or president and how customers may report any concerns because that isn't my understanding how a business should be operating ( business ethics) where a customer has choices to buy something or receive a service he or she has a right to complain if things go n wrong and why employ a president or senior compliance officer if they are bot available to the customers
If you claim to support as the emails suggest Why can't you at least find out the details and be collaborative and offer a customer service to provide reasonable information regarding I didn't even receive a organisation diagram which is what most companies draw up so everybody knows who does what and where to find them when they may have issue s
And I believed I was dealing with Xperia care which suggest care and attention. It must be quite easy to find out where the president can be contacted and the regional compliance executive who oversees the policies that we read about on the Sonymobile webpages??
▶ Show quoted text