account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Worst phone in terms of support for phone parts

Inhabitant
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Worst phone in terms of support for phone parts

I am literally fed up of the problems my Xperia P's outer frame is having. I got the transparent bar replaced a month or so back, and it already has bubbles in it again. The bottom cap and the top part of the phone are all showing the plastic underneath (for which I had been told that there's no replacement under warranty), the case which I bought from the sony service center is cheapplastic (I always need to remove it to use the charger - The charging point does not fit properly on the port otherwise) and now the sim card flap is broken. That too not comnpletely, there is a metal strip that's come off. There is a thin plastic strip that's still there, but it's so thin that I can't open the sim flap without ruining it. So now I can't open the flap at all. Image0006.jpg

The service centre asked me to wait for a week before thay could confirm anything, and now they say that the sim flap is not part of the warranty and will cost me 250 bucks. Angry Face

Am I supposed to keep visiting the service centre for each and every part replacement and pay for inferior quality parts? What is the warranty for then?

5 REPLIES 5
Genius
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Worst phone in terms of support for phone parts

I'm sorry to hear you're having these problems. I would recommend that you raise this further with the Xperia Care team for your region so they can look into this for you. You can find contact details here: http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/support/contact-us/contact-info/

-

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Thank you Aimee, but I have already contacted my local support team. There response is as under:

"In response to your query we would like to inform you that kindly note the sim flap cover which has came out of the handset is an cosmetic part and replacing the particular part will not comes under the warranty it will be replaced out warranty only and your have to bear the charges for the same."

When I had replied that a part which prevents the use of the phone cannot be deemed as a cosmetic part and that the sim flap cannot be used anymore without part replacement, I got the following response:

"In response to your query we would like to inform you that the repairing or the replacing the parts will depend on the service centre the sim flap which your have mentioned is there to protect the Micro sim if there any damage to the particular part then it would be replaced but it would done out warranty for the charges for the same you need to get in touch with the service centre they would be in a best possible manner as they have physically observed the handset."

So technically, they are refusing to consider the repair under warranty, and asking me to pay for the same.

Angry Face

Genius
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Has any engineer examining the handset confirmed that the issue you are facing is physical damage? This type of issue would only be covered by the warranty if an engineer was able to confirm that it was being caused by a manufacturing defect rather than damage.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Other Issues also

(Great! the forum is working again!!)

Hi Aimee, I personally have never opened the sim card slot after I had put in my sim for the first time. Unless the engineer himself had tried to open the slot during the last repair, there is no way this sim slot can come off on its own. However, I can't prove this to be a manufacturing defect.

Whe people are calling me, they are receiving the message that my phone is switched off, but that's not the case. (I have got to know from 4 people in the last 3 weeks, and I don't know how many other calls have I missed). I can't even check if this is a sim card problem (although the sim card is hardly a year old). I simply can;t use the sim card slot and I think it is a phone problem. I even get "no signal" sign on the phone and have to restart it to receive calls.

Inhabitant
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Re: Other Issues also

BUMP!