account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Worst Customer Service Period.

Message 1 of 16
Message 1 of 16

Worst Customer Service Period.

I like so many thousands and thousands of others, have had my phone bricked due to Sony's update to Lollipop.

Like so many others, I sought to get some customer service. 

I emailed many times, then suggested I called, then told that my phone is out of warranty, then I explained that the warranty is inconsequential as Sony broke my phone, not me. Then more emails, then more calls, and now finally I receive a call from what I am supposed to believe is the head of customer service for all of North America. Christian Jerry Santos calls me at 3:00pm EST and says he's 'happy to help, what seems to be the problem?' 

I then explain that my phone, like so many others is broken, due to the SONY update to lollipop, and I would like to know what can be done. 

He said to send it in, and they will fix it for a fee. (as he knew my warranty was expired, yet he had the nerve to ask me, 'what seems to be the problem?')

I explained, thats great, I don't mind paying for the shipping, but I would not pay a fee, for a phone that I didn't break, but that Sony broke, so they should cover the fee. As you don't ask the people you burgled to pay for the shoes you scuffed on the way out of robbing them.)

These were his responses in short form. 

• No one else has ever had this problem. (little lie)
  • You broke the phone, we didn't.
  • You had it in your hands not ours, its your fault.
  • No one in the world has had their phone wrecked because of the update. (bigger lie)
  • It is not true, Sony's update did not damage your phone. (massive grin lie)
  • You've had it for 3 years, you've gotten good enough use out of it. (this should be sony's new motto)
  • I will not send another supervisor to speak with you, as I am the one that is responsible for all of North America.
  • No there is nothing else you can do. 
  • You must pay the fee.

Honestly I don't really care if Sony responds, as this has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, that their is nothing special about the brand, the equipment, the service or anything else about Sony. They have lost all their lustre and all of their charm over the years. 

I am no longer a Sony customer, just a sad memory of what a loyal customer used to look like. 

I hope someone else has gone through this joke of a process and can relate, 

Thanks for nothing Sony. 

You will get what you deserve, and everyone will wonder where their jobs went... (look back here, when it happens)

M

15 REPLIES 15
Emperor
Message 2 of 16
Message 2 of 16

Re: Worst Customer Service Period.

@sony_doesnt_care

I'm sorry to hear that but this is a USER based forum, could you elaborate on your issue? 

Did you ever unlocked the bootloader? 

How did you updated your phone, OTA, PCC, Bridge, flashtool, etc? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 3 of 16
Message 3 of 16

@sony_doesnt_care

Also try this

Connect the phone to a wall charger > press and hold power and volume up for 10 seconds > let the phone charge for 2 to 3 hours > repair the phone with PCC or Bridge

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 4 of 16
Message 4 of 16

You can't help.

After the initial update, the phone would lose all of its power, and get really hot.

So I did the Sony PCC repair, but it wouldn't stay on long enough to do it. (tried like 8 times)

Recharged several times from full, green light, 12 hours recharge.

This time PCC repairsaid it worked, but everytime I recharged and powered it on, it would stay alive for about 4 seconds. (repeated this process another 8 times)

Wife noticed how frustrated I was getting, so like me, she did all the reset types, factory, hard and otherwise. Nothing. 

Repeated my steps, nothing. She did this another 12 times.

Then phoned and emailed sony, after I'd drained all the things I could do. And here we are.

Now unless you actually work for Sony, I don't think you can help. 

This like all the others who have watched Sony brick their phone, is a Sony problem, and needs a sony solution.

M

Emperor
Message 5 of 16
Message 5 of 16

@sony_doesnt_care

I understand your frustruation but this is a USER based forum, you need to contact Sony USA, as no one else will be able to help you, make sure to contact Xperia Care and not Sony. 

Could you remove both the SIM and SD cards and try again with PCC? btw you forgot to answer some questions above

Message 6 of 16
Message 6 of 16

Maybe I'm missing something, but I didn't understand what you meant by:

• Did you ever unlocked the bootloader? 

I only have the PCC and my phone, nothing else. What is this bootloader you speak of? :-)

M

Emperor
Message 7 of 16
Message 7 of 16

@sony_doesnt_care

Simple, have you ever rooted your phone? 

You can read about the bootloader here?

http://developer.sonymobile.com/unlockbootloader/unlock-yourboot-loader/

Message 8 of 16
Message 8 of 16

No I haven't but I'll look into it, should I ever get it working again. 

Thanks

M

Emperor
Message 9 of 16
Message 9 of 16

@sony_doesnt_care

No problem, keep us updated, and do try my suggestion w/o the SIM and SD cards 

Rookie
Message 10 of 16
Message 10 of 16

I too am also unhappy with what's happened to my phone after the update and I have tried the factory reset and pcc repair and mine phone only turns on when it's connected to a charger. I went to my carrier Rogers and they say I should upgrade to a new phone. For starters my phone was working before the upgrade just fine and two why should I have to spend my hard earned money to buy another phone that would probably do the same. Sony I am terribly disappointed.