account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Wifi problems

Highlighted
Regular
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Wifi problems

Hi , I am experiencing wifi problems , but before I start explaining I feel I should reamrk that I have read similar topics , they were different and/or without an answer .
Im not even sure if anyone does give support here , but this is the problem :
The router has a MAC whitelist and a bunch of devices are added , including this xperia sola . (We've checked the MAC address many times , it's correct .)
Then we added the wifi password , but my phone wont connect : it switches from different words so fast I cant see easily . It's saved , connected for much less than half a second then saved and this cycle goes on and on .
There is no connection to the internet nor the router as 192.168.1.1 wont load up .
Any recommendations ?
Thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5
Emperor
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Wifi problems

How about booting on safe mode?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Hi , sorry for the late respond , I forgot about it .
Well after rebooting multiple times , the problem insists .
Are there any other steps in adding my phone to the whitelist (other than adding wifi MAC address and entering wifi password) ?
Thanks in advance.
Emperor
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Repair your phone with PCC and check again 

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Thanks , Ill try that .
But does that delete the OS or something ?
Emperor
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

@The_Eel 

It will re-install the current Android version, so everything will be deleted