account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Wifi issues after updating

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Wifi issues after updating

Hi
Yesterday i posted new problem and i said something about wifi ( get on and off permanently) and it does not find any ssid and i said sth about reseting and flashing my phone for solving this issue.but unfortunately i deleted the post because i thought i find the solution. Now i can note that
i think the new version of google play causes overheating the phone+ causes connecting and disconnecting the wifi. Yesterday i thought that the new version of software updater causes this but i can say google play and overheating cause wifi on/off problem. I noted that i read your instructions about wifi issues and i passed wifi test in diagnostic + i used pc companion and flashing+ installed apps just from google play store and used av products as eset and tested this issue with other router ...plz solve this problem in next update.

So if you have this problem you can go to settings >apps> google play>unistall the updates and solve this problem temporarily. 
Best regards.

4 REPLIES 4
Apprentice
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Wifi issues after updating

Oh...no.... The problem is there...but by unistalling update got better...but sometimes it is happening... I tested in safe mode but no way... the new update of small app framework is suspicious too.

Apprentice
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

I sent my phone to customers services....

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Sorry to hear about your phone Slightly frowning Face

As performing a repair with PC Companion and trying other networks didn't help i think you did the right thing to send it in to have this checked.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

I got back my phone... but the problem is there...they say it is not hardware problem...but i can see sometimes antenna gots low and high in minute or wifi goes dropping...i used my phone about 2 weeks ago without any problem but it happens suddenly without any firmware updates!.... i tested with another modem or phones hot spot but no way... i can say, it got worse than last time... my z3 compact do not turn off wifi or if it is on , show connecting but suddenly i get turn off and drop everythings... i bought my phone about 8 month  ago, It is very bad ...I did not use my wifi in many times but i can see stuck in this problem easily....