account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Wifi freezing buffering

Apprentice
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Wifi freezing buffering

Wifi loses connection slows down takes ages for pages to load, had phone changed, done resets removed apps, wifi signal working fine on other phones, very frustrating
10 REPLIES 10
Emperor
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Wifi freezing buffering

Test the phone in >>> safe mode

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Have done no different
Emperor
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

Repair the phone with XC

Xperia Companion (XC)

Software Repair Guide

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

Tried that no good
Emperor
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

Could you test a different router? 

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

It could possibly be a hardware issue contact Sony Xperia support.

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/
Apprentice
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Works fine on 4g, support just tell you too reset, going try different router tomorrow, no one else using our router is having problems
Commissioner
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

It's actually happening to me as well. Sometime it just stops connecting (with the WIFi on), others it simply slows the connection down. Stopping the WiFi and restarting it again in my case fixes the connection drops immediately. And yes, the other devices connected with WiFi have no issues, my Xperia M2 with.about the same apps installed (I synched them). So it seems like a kernel/drivers issue to me. Similar to the one of the Bluetooth for some (the Bluetooth never gave a problem to me, instead. And I use a BT handfree set in my car).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Check my theme collection for Xperia™ devices!
Visit my FaceBook Page
Apprentice
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

Tried other router, reset phone with no 3rd party apps still freezing and buffering