account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Wifi and tethering issue

Rookie
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Wifi and tethering issue

Hi,

My wifi keeps turning itself off after I don't use my phone for a couple of mins. I've checked the power management tool and I don't that is what keeps turning it off.

I have the same problem while tethering, if I don't use my phone for a few mins it disconnects itself.

I'm using the latest firmware, any ideas how I can resolve this as its driving me insane.

Cheers.

7 REPLIES 7
Commissioner
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Wifi and tethering issue

Do you have stamina mode on?
Rookie
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

No, I have all those power saving features off.

Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

I have the same problem! Push messages from whatsapp or facebook dont come through when the sp is in standby when i am at home! Wifi is on always on! And no stamina mode activated! I am very frustated with the xperia sp... With other smartphones there is no problem with the push notifications in wifi.
Sorry for my bad english.
Best regards
Miller
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

In settings for tethering is option to change duration time of inactivity, after this is tethering deactivated :smileysmileywink: Default value is 10 minutes...

Adviser
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Indeed, just go in wifi settings and choose wifi always on in standby.
Rookie
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Thanks the Tethering was set to deactivate after 10mins of no activity.

However, the wifi still turns itself off if I don't use it for a couple of minutes. I checked the wifi settings and it is set to be on allways when its asleep. Any other ideas of anything else that could be affecting it?

Highlighted
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Wifi always on is activated!