account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Wifi Icon Issue

Visitor
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Wifi Icon Issue

Before some days, when I click on wifi icon, it is getting started from below to top and then wi-fi is on. But. now when I just touch the icon of wi-fi, it is getting started. How I can make my phone behave like previous? If you are not clear with my saying you can take example of bluetooth icon. Like bluetooth icon, I want my wi-fi icon to behave. How I can achieve that, plz help me?

7 REPLIES 7
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Wifi Icon Issue

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

Do you mean the animation of the icon itself while it's turning on? There's no setting for this, the bluetooth icon has a animation while the WiFi icon doesn't.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Yes. Please help me.

Visitor
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Actually from the begining, I have the animation for wi-fi but now I am not getting it.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

I'm afraid i can't see if this was changed in the latest software update but there's no setting that enables animation for the WiFi icon. If i check on other models we have with Android 4.4 like Z2 it's not animated there either.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

The Wi-Fi icon will only be animated if you disable "Scanning always available".

Go to Settings | Wi-Fi | Menu (three dots at the bottom right | Advanced.

Then untick "Scanning always available".

This will not only animate the Wi-Fi icon but will also do some good for your battery life.

P.S.: At least it works like that for my Z1 compact. I didn't notice at first that I was posting in another board.

One time poster
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Thanks
Commissioner
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Yes you can animate WiFi symbol like how the above person said he is correct you need to just go to your Settings>WiFi>Advanced and untick "Scanning always available" option this should definitely work for you

but i still dont understand what difference it is going to make with just a minor animation right?