account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Why not in the UK?

Message 11 of 25
Message 11 of 25

Re: Why not in the UK?

Which region are you in?
In some regions they are releasing X & XA for those countries but not X performance.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Enthusiast
Message 12 of 25
Message 12 of 25

So I just learned that around 5 countries in Europe will get the X Performance: France, Italy, Netherland, Sweden, and Spain. :/
Enthusiast
Message 13 of 25
Message 13 of 25

The X Performance Pre-order in these countries is
Live!
Message 14 of 25
Message 14 of 25

It is also showing on their US site

Highlighted
Message 15 of 25
Message 15 of 25

This is really annoying! 

Pretty much kept up to date where I could and where there was a step up since the early Xperia. I wanted to upgrade to 800 series processor for its apparent high performance but more importantly its low power consumption. Using Z5 Premium at the moment and since latest updates to Marshmallow have been very disappointed with battery drain (new update yesterday might help but can't find info on what the actual update was). Just don't believe moving from this to the X standard is an upgrade (apart from better front facing camera,  whoopty do) so will give it a miss, or upgrade else where.

Message 16 of 25
Message 16 of 25

And just realised no waterproof rating. This was another good reason to stick with Sony. Not any more, and as they step away from this others are moving in. Geez. Not that I went swimming with it but was nice to know it was safe!

Sorry for rant. 

Learner
Message 17 of 25
Message 17 of 25

When are we likely to know for sure if the X Performance is coming to the UK or not? Want to decide whether to wait or get a Z5 premium
Learner
Message 18 of 25
Message 18 of 25

Why no x perf in India? Thats sad Sony. Why dont you guys listen to the consumers? Are we mad who r still Sony fans when a bunch of bad anagement people r ruining it al? U guys r killing ur followers. Wake up Sony. Whats wrong with ur strategies? No flagships in India UK and Germany? Wow thats really shame.

Enthusiast
Message 19 of 25
Message 19 of 25

A bad managment and sales decision for not selling the high spec'd Flagship X Performance everywhere.
Message 20 of 25
Message 20 of 25

I guess that given Sony's history of losses in the smartphone business, this time they decided to stick to a certain minimum price to operators and the operators in some countries have told Sony "no thanks".