account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Which Z5 Firmware has VoLTE option ?

Commissioner
Message 1 of 24
Message 1 of 24

Which Z5 Firmware has VoLTE option ?

My Z5, with Customized ITALIAN, NoBrand, has no option to use VoLTE but I wanna use it for being able to use my plan with 4G.

My operator is Vodafone

Is there the opportunity to flash another FW, for example Vodafone UK/DE for using it ?

When are u going to introduce it on every firmware ?

In 2016 I don't think it's a good move to not introduce something like this 

23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
Message 2 of 24

Re: Which Z5 Firmware has VoLTE option ?

It's operator authorised so you will need to be on Vodafone firmware and have them support the handset.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Commissioner
Message 3 of 24
Message 3 of 24

My operator told me, yesterday, that gave me possibility to call on 4G voice.

Should I flash a Vodafone UK Fw for example ?
Message 4 of 24
Message 4 of 24

It would be my first move.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Commissioner
Message 5 of 24
Message 5 of 24

Flashtool 0.9.18.6 is OK for flashing Z5 ?

Inhabitant
Message 6 of 24
Message 6 of 24

Flash the exact firmware for your carrier, however they might still not enable it on your device as some carriers require the phone to be purchased directly from them.
Kindest Regards,
Andrew Robinson.
Emperor
Message 7 of 24
Message 7 of 24

@Robertods88

@Foddersin is correct, just because a carrier/network offer this, it doesn't mean that its available to all phones, they will have to enable it on your device, so you should ask them, which phones will have this feature, in other words, even if your phone and network are capable of VoLTE its on the carrier/network to enable it. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Commissioner
Message 8 of 24
Message 8 of 24

Infact I flashed Vodafone UK but VoLTE wasn't available.

Vodafone IT isn't available so I had to flash UK one...

But I continue to not understand what's matter with this VoLTE and my phone goes often in GSM
Emperor
Message 9 of 24
Message 9 of 24

@Robertods88

Check your network's coverage

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Commissioner
Message 10 of 24
Message 10 of 24

They told me that everything is OK about my coverage but it's not a good move that my phone goes often in GSM when I'm on 4G prefered ... This seems to not happen on my Z2