account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Which Z5 Firmware has VoLTE option ?

Highlighted
Adept
Message 11 of 24
Message 11 of 24

Re: Which Z5 Firmware has VoLTE option ?

You have to flash the exact Firmware from your carrier and your carrier have to unlock your contract for VoLTE.
Commissioner
Message 12 of 24
Message 12 of 24

For Z5, E6653, there's no exact FW by carrier, only two carrier FW in Italy, but no Vodafone's one !

So, in this way, I never could see the light for calling in VoLTE ?
Sage
Message 13 of 24
Message 13 of 24

The 32.0.A.6.200 firmware has the capability for carriers to enable and support VoLTE.

This firmware was updated approx a week ago, see other threads here for that issue.

Not all carriers provide VoLTE at this point, more will probably come as this gets popular.

Commissioner
Message 14 of 24
Message 14 of 24

Is Z5 really capable to do VoLTE ?

Good morning

I've latest FW update .185 with my Z5, Vodafone network

I've a plan with 4G, and Vodafone enabled me 2 months ago possibility to call in 4G but into my phone I don't see option to flag to have VoLTE

Infact calls pass by 4G to 3G directly as I'm starting the call, and when I am under WIFI calls pass directly to GSM with a very bad low quality, not for a premium phone

So I contacted your "fantastical Sony support" and someone, stupidly, told me that for doing calls with VoLTE I had to download an app by G.PLAY Store but he COULDN'T tell me what whas that one ... RIDICOLOUS

But it shouldn't be as he said because I don't need other apps to do calls with VoLTE

An Iphone SE let me do calls with VoLTE !

Sony's becoming really bad at this turn

Message 15 of 24
Message 15 of 24

Do you have Vodafone firmware or regional unlocked firmware?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Message 16 of 24
Message 16 of 24

Volte in many regions is only activated by the networks firmware.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Commissioner
Message 17 of 24
Message 17 of 24

Regional unlocked because in Italy there's no network Vodafone Fw for Z5 but it seems that's available just for Z5C

So I could never have VoLTE?
Inhabitant
Message 18 of 24
Message 18 of 24

Dear All,

Kindly please let me know for Z5 dual VoLte option avaialble, because when I try with Jio relaince sim in India, I was not getting any option of Volte. Kindly please assist if any have idea. I can see only option LTE only and not Volte options. 

And also I was not able to find any enable option of Volte. Kindly please advsise if any one have an idea. Thank you all.

Apprentice
Message 19 of 24
Message 19 of 24

Xperia z5 dual indian version has volte
Inhabitant
Message 20 of 24
Message 20 of 24

Which FTF has the following: tap to pay and VOLTE

I am considering changing my phone's 'region' (right now it's the Singapore variant) since it still hasn't received the latest update (it's the E6883). The Singapore version is missing two things. The first is the VOLTE option and the second is the android pay (tap to pay option), and I want to enable those two. (the former is available by my provider while the latter not yet, but in due time).

My question is which FTF should I install to have these two options?

I've read that the Indian one does have the VOLTE option, but is that correct? and if it is, does it have the tap to pay option?

Thanks in advance (and sorry if this is posted before, but I did a search and found nothng)