account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Which Bloatwares to remove..???

Visitor
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Which Bloatwares to remove..???

Can anybody tell me the name of bloatwares that i can remove to increase the performance of my phone...???

And does anyone here uses the greenify app...???

6 REPLIES 6
One time poster
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Which Bloatwares to remove..???

- McAfee Security

- EA Games

- Powersaver

- Other Crappy games that came with the original Stock rom

- If u dont use OfficeSuitePro remove it

- Apps Extras

- If you dont use astro , get rid of it too..

- Disable automatic syncing

- etc.. to name a few.

lol if ur thinking of removing the google crapwares that came along with the original phone then check out some Custom Roms for the android version ur using (this voids warranty Slightly smiling Face so ur on ur own)

Cheers,

- Vivek

Visitor
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

I removed McAfee,powersaver,apps extra etc before rooting my phone.....after rooting i only removed timescape and ea games...plz suggest some more bloatwares that i can remove as there's no significant change in the ram usage!!

One time poster
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

You won't gain any significant amount of RAM by removing, or turning off, any apps. Even with custom ROMs all you'll get is around 200MB free RAM, which will usually shrink to around 160MB or less. If you're having performance problems, there's not much you can do except reduce the amount of background processes, refrain from using Live Wallpapers, and limit multitasking. You can also install a custom ROM which will allow you to overclock your Xperia U, but, you need to read up on the risks involved first, as it may damage your phone if you set the minimum values too high.

Need help with that, or if you have any other questions relating to performance of your U, then visit this link. This is a forum dedicated to enhancing Xperia U experience.

Visitor
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

If you rooted your phone, you can use this app "app quarantine" to freeze apps. the good thing about this is, you can freeze apps which uses up ram, and unfreeze only when you want to use the app.

You can even add a widget on home screen and freeze/unfreeze with a single tap.

I use it to freeze/unfreeze maps, google play services, and google play. because these are the system apps that always run in background and take up ram.

also there is another app called "greenify", which makes similar effect without disabling, but works only for non-system apps. this prevents the selected apps to run in background.

for advanced freezing of system services, titanium back up is better. I freezed many non-used services such as USB-otg.

now, even with lot of apps, my phone has plenty of free ram(100-150 mb), and doesn't hangup while multi tasking.

Hope it helps.

Visitor
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

with the help of titanium backup pro can i freeze facebook,maps,and all the useless apps that always run in the background???

and fyi greenify donation app can hibernate system apps too!!!

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

yes you can freeze all the system apps, but be careful and don't disable core files. You can see what apps are runnign in background, in settitng>apps>running, and see the app name or service name.

search for the same in titanium backup and freeze it. If you are sure that the app is not essential for phone and it is useless, you can even uninstall. Better, take backup before messing with those system files.

some of the system services I disabled are

• all FB
  • connected devices
  • retail demo
  • warranty service
  • all of timescape
  • update service
  • usb otg
  • play store, play services, maps(I freeze/unfreeze frequently using app quarantine home screene widget)

Btw, it's not recommended to use greenify on system files, and developer says it only works for some apps. This is what is given in app description page.

Allow (some) system apps to be greenified in Greenify

But if you try and it works, it's great. tell us which apps can be hibernated.