account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Where should we set Proxy settings to get Internet by Wi-Fi

One time poster
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Where should we set Proxy settings to get Internet by Wi-Fi

Can anyone explain where is the proxy settings in XPERIA U for internet connectivity through wi-fi.

Advance Thanks

Xperia User

4 REPLIES 4
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Where should we set Proxy settings to get Internet by Wi-Fi

Try downloading proxy app on google play or use Opera Browser

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
Visitor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

If you want proxy for all the apps, that may not work.

you have to root your phone and use proxy droid (or an equivalent app).

Visitor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

You should use VPN for this !!! why you need Proxy ?! if you want to use other counrty's service or use some services that restricted by your government,you need to use VPN Service.it's in "wireless & Networks"

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Could you explain more about VPN?

My laptop is connected to a university proxy server. I used Connectify and created a Wi-Fi hotspot on my laptop and then tried to access Wi-Fi on my Android phone(Xperia U). I'm able to access Google Play on my phone using the Wi-Fi but unable to download any apps from the store. Neither am I able to log in to any other apps installed on my phone.

Since it is a university proxy server, the user authentication needs to be provided every time you try to access internet. But strangely, I was never asked for the user authentication on phone. My phone runs on 2.3.7 Gingerbread.

Any help is appreciated.