account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

When are we getting the latest update?

One time poster
Message 161 of 299
Message 161 of 299

Android 4.3 and 4.4 for xperia tx

Please Provide a date for the 4.3 update to the phone clearly stated.

Talent
Message 162 of 299
Message 162 of 299

Re: When are we getting the latest update?

first time was in December, the second end of January / beginning of February, each time will give up to get 4.3?
Adept
Message 163 of 299
Message 163 of 299

1. Update wont rollout before 6 February. Why? It's caused by Vodafone-Australia, they're testing firmwares and also they have to approve software if it's broken then they are waiting for another one, they'll do this untill they approve. Last "report" of these testing was published at 30 January they are weekly reports so another one will show up on 6 February, and if this software will be approved (Only Xperia TX left, other Xperias are ready to update) we have to add like one week for irresponsible Sony to rollout.

2. Most probably we'll recive software after mid/end February becasuse of new smartphones. 

SHAME ON YOU SONY!

MOCKERY!

Adept
Message 164 of 299
Message 164 of 299

This is getting silly now. If the reason for the entire planet not getting the update really is because Vodafone Australia are causing a delay, then Sony should send a massive signal to them which tells them categorically that they cannot cause a global delay. That signal would take the form of rolling out the update.

If that's not the reason then it's equally pathetic, albeit in a different way. Sony's blog saying "we hear you re: JB 4.3" means nothing. In fact it's insulting, because we know you can hear us, you just don't care.

Which one of you Sony "employees" is going to edit the XperiaT software update schedule page again, so that it reads "2014 - 2"? That'll be the fourth time you've meaninglessly edited it.

I can't believe Vodafone in Australia can affect this rollout, if all the people in the know on here plus Sony themselves are to be believed, then your operator can control what updates you are offered. So we could be on 4.4.3 by now, and Vodafone Australia or whoever could be keeping their customers on Ice Cream Sandwich. That's up to them and not a problem for the reat of us.
Talent
Message 165 of 299
Message 165 of 299

you're right, sony should respect what he said and launch the update, they have not worked properly and the second term is almost over. Why can not promise if you promise? Japanese trains have never delay! Well, Sony why they?
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 166 of 299
Message 166 of 299

the update was supposed to be in jan 2014 as announced by sony on your website

why there is no update till now?????????

we are in feb 2014 now?

why don'y you stick with the time u stated?!!!!!

Adept
Message 167 of 299
Message 167 of 299

@ayman_1988m

make believe.

One time poster
Message 168 of 299
Message 168 of 299

H everyone, how long should i wait to get android 4.3 in my xperia T? Sony announced that it was going to release 4.3 at the end of Jan, early Feb, so i think Sony should be fair and announce a real date i mean it's been more than four months and i guess its enough time for testing , in a word, Sony, just show a little respect to your customers and announce a real date ,nothing else.

Adept
Message 169 of 299
Message 169 of 299

You wont get answer here, if you want to have any chance to get to know this you have to spam Sonys Twitter or their email.

No one knows that. Sony just dont care about older customers.

Message 170 of 299
Message 170 of 299

Why still no 4.3 update for xperia T?

Its 4th of february now and still there is no 4.3 update for xperia T whats wrong? people have been waiting for so long. I understand sony always release bugs free updates but its too long now people may stop buying sony phone only cause of updates so please do something.