account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

What should i do when i feel the device overheating without turning it off?

Genius
Message 61 of 80
Message 61 of 80

Re: Z3+ heat problem

Hi @Eng

Please, check if this also happens if you boot your device into Safe Mode as explained here. Keep us updated, I´m at disposal for any question.

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Message 62 of 80
Message 62 of 80

issues of z3 plus

hello, I think to bye a new z3 plus but i heared about heating problems of this phone and it will heat more in just 5 minutes 4 k recording an give warnings.

So tell me this issue will sill exists or you removed it and if yes then how you fix it?

Emperor
Message 63 of 80
Message 63 of 80

Re: issues of z3 plus

@silentheadkiller

That's normal, recording on 4K will heat up your phone fast, if you live in a hot environment it will heat up faster, if you are in a cold environment you will be able to record longer, this is to prevent any overheating to the phone, again, it's normal. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 64 of 80
Message 64 of 80

My xpreia z3+ heats and Shutdown camera and other programms

Hi everyone! I need help, my phone is heats when i use camera or youtube or others hard programms then show me a message that the temprature is rising and shutdown the programms. I know that many people has same problems. Update do not helps, the support said me that i am do the system rocovery but this is not helps me. Please maybe somebody know whaen this problem will be fixed or some information about this. 

One time poster
Message 65 of 80
Message 65 of 80

Re: What should i do when i feel the device overheating without turning it off?

how to solve the overheating of the camera problem for him not stop recording in full HD
Visitor
Message 66 of 80
Message 66 of 80

Hi mine had all these problems at first but it auto installed a couple of updates and have had no issue since. If you are still having problems after updates u probably need to take it to a Sony centre and see what they can do.
pkc
Rookie
Message 67 of 80
Message 67 of 80

very bad phone in terms of overheating

i have purchased this phone a few weeks back...expensive phone with severe issue of over heating....not possible to do video recording..the video recording quits with over heat message wthin 5 mnts of recording...same also for still camera

Visitor
Message 68 of 80
Message 68 of 80

When I took my first picture I got an over heating message and the camera app shutdown. The phone then did a couple of updates and has been fine since. I think it was a bug in the app rather than the phone actually over heating as it didn't feel hot to touch.
Learner
Message 69 of 80
Message 69 of 80

Hi! I have bought an Xperia z3 plus two days ago and now I have some problems because of the overheating, though I have installed the latest available updades. What should I do?
Learner
Message 70 of 80
Message 70 of 80

Heating Problems

While I'm using camera,camera shuts down because it gets very hot. And it slows down when it was heat. I want to solve these problems with new update..
Thanks.