account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

What should i do when i feel the device overheating without turning it off?

Adept
Message 41 of 80
Message 41 of 80

OVERHEATING

Hi guys. The problem with Xperia Z3+ is very serious. Updated doesn't works. Overheating, camera shut down after 20 seconds, battery life is only 4-5 hours in Web Or video mode. Sony told me - don't use 4k, don't made pictures in high quality, but tell me friends - why I spent 750$? When I bought this product, I read specifications and never saw that I can't used camera. If I wanted 13 mp I'll buying something else. So, any solutions? Are we waiting for a new updates?
Forum Legend
Message 42 of 80
Message 42 of 80

Re: waiting for updates?

Try performing a system repair using PC Companion as this will often fix issues - This will factory reset your phone and erase all data so best to backup before you begin

Switch off your phone and unplug from Pc (Hold volume up and power for around 10 seconds)
Start PC Companion and select Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue Repair my phone/tablet and follow the on screen instructions - When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down or back button - This should start the repair or reformat process

If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit operating system then adjust the settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode and chose Windows 7 or XP

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Adept
Message 43 of 80
Message 43 of 80

I did it week ago, but still nothing. Overheating. Battery life is 4-5 hours. Camera is shut down after 20 seconds. We need real update to fix all problems.
Forum Legend
Message 44 of 80
Message 44 of 80

Sorry to hear this but you would need to either return your device to the place of purchase or contact Xperia care and have your device inspected because if the camera only works for 20 seconds then no amount help here will help especially if you have performed a system repair http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Adept
Message 45 of 80
Message 45 of 80

Unfortunately in Bulgaria, Sony hasn't support of this model. I bought it from Singapore. I payed VAT, customs fees and will be very expensive to send it just for checking. I want to be sure that this problem has a solution. I watched in YouTube and I saw that the problems still goes on.
Adept
Message 46 of 80
Message 46 of 80

Sony Quality Control

Sony, shame on you for this overheating product. Who made a quality control for Z3+? And why this phone is on the market? Do you read users problem? After IOS update, my 4s start to work slowly, and after a week Apple made an update just for this model. What are you going? my first Sony - bed experience, but will my last with this brand.
Forum Legend
Message 47 of 80
Message 47 of 80

Re: Sony Quality Control

Not sure what you want us to do as this is a forum full of members like you - if you are unhappy then return it back to where you bought it from or contact Xperia care and voice your heating issues as we can't do anything here about that http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

Apprentice
Message 48 of 80
Message 48 of 80

Hi just joined this forum, not sure how to join thread without replying to someone elses post. I've just ordered the z3+ and am going to return it unless someone can confirm heat issue has been resolved, it doesnt look like it has! shame as I've been a huge sony fan since I had the original cassette walkman. I am shocked that my fave tech company would release such an expensive device apparently with no quality control whatsoever, any info much appreciated Adam.

Adviser
Message 49 of 80
Message 49 of 80

@adamb170

I think the deal with the Z3+ overheating varies from person to person.  Your mileage may vary.

I havn't had any overheating problems with my Z3+ and I've had it a few days after it became available.  I notice the people that do complain about it are trying to record long videos with it, benchmark it and generally push the hardware to the limit.

If you're really worried about the overheating issue after hearing other opinions on the Z3+, I'd wait for the Z5 series.  It's designed to handle heat better.  Check out this article below:

http://www.xperiablog.net/2015/09/04/xperia-z5-using-dual-heat-pipes-to-control-thermal-performance/

Apprentice
Message 50 of 80
Message 50 of 80

Cheers  for response, I got the z3+ for £27 per month, z5 from same company is going to start at £42 so I'm going to stick with z3+ and see how I get on. I've read/watched dozens of reviews these last few days and every one says the overheating is a massive deal breaker for them. I haven't been able to find 1 review any where that says sony have fixed the problem. In fact most say sony update has made problem worse. Second thoughts I may just break a lifetime promise to myself and buy an iPhone as they just seem to work. Thanks for info anyway☺