account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

What should i do when i feel the device overheating without turning it off?

Demigod
Message 1 of 80
Message 1 of 80

What should i do when i feel the device overheating without turning it off?

I can't turn it off and wait until it cools down i need my phone 24/7 to be on , i can only turn it off while charging which is always at night when i dont need it and dont use it. If i wont get a solution im going to be forced putting it in the fridge which is totaly stupid and immature but i cant have a turned off device and wait 30 minutes until it cools down because it overheated.. i get important calls which i need to answer.

79 REPLIES 79
Emperor
Message 2 of 80
Message 2 of 80

Re: What should i do when i feel the device overheating without turning it off?

@Curnow1

Think about it, HOT GLASS to 0 degrees? not a good idea, you will crack the glass eventually, and if there are cracks or micro cracks they will expand. STOP doing that 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 3 of 80
Message 3 of 80

Sony xperia z3 plus overheating

Phone feels hot at the top of the phone and the bottom feels warm also camera app goes of in a Cople of seconds
Demigod
Message 4 of 80
Message 4 of 80

I didnt do that yet . And yes i said that its a stupid idea also we already had a conversation about these "micro cracks" with my Z3 , thankfully i have a Z3+ now without a single crack. I also realized that the frame sticks up from the glass like on the Z1 and Z2 so the glass isnt touching the table.

Emperor
Message 5 of 80
Message 5 of 80

@Curnow1

You could disable the data and/or wifi while the phone cools down. I've read about it on the Xperiablog (frame sticking up), that should stop some complaints that the phone is too slippery. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Demigod
Message 6 of 80
Message 6 of 80

Re: Sony xperia z3 plus overheating

I think we cant do a think about that buddy Crying Face 

Sony admitted that the Z3+ is overheating . Sony also said that you can contact them about that problem and they will do some type of recompense about that. Im going to do that because my device currently turned off and im in a black hole as im waiting for a important Call from an hour and i will have to go back to my z3 which was in the box . Thankfully they are both NANOSIM 

Demigod
Message 7 of 80
Message 7 of 80

I didnt mind about the slippery back... I didnt even feel a difference about the sliding from the Z1/Z2/Z3 , for me the most inportant thing is that the glass isn't touching the bottom but the frame only / mostly..

Emperor
Message 8 of 80
Message 8 of 80

@Curnow1

go to the main page of the forum and check how many people complaint that their phone cracked bc the back is too slipery, it is glass after all. 

Demigod
Message 9 of 80
Message 9 of 80

That's true and i know people complain about the device's slippernes but the device isnt that slippy to slide of a stright table... I just realized that im talking like you when i said about my z3 cracking due to placing it on the table.... But that actually happened. I might send it to sony while i have my z3+ but im worried about the over heating which made my device turn off once already. 

Demigod
Message 10 of 80
Message 10 of 80

Why dont i have the ability to mark someone when i say @uliwooly for example.