account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Walkman Music Unlimited and ChromeCast

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Walkman Music Unlimited and ChromeCast

Hi all. long time viewer first time poster here.

I have taken the "Sony Shilling" and almost all my gadgets (except the TV and tv-recorder) are Sony/Xperia/PS etc.

I have also bought a Chromecast hdmi gadget.

Now, I know that I can power up the PS3 and listen to my Music Unlimited subscription OR 'cast' it to my sony amplifier brick OR plug my Z1.Compact/Z2.Tablet into the usb/hdmi adapter to carry on listening when I walk in the door.

However, even my humble podcast software will let me come in through the door and 'cast' to the chromecast.

Does anyone know if Sony are amending the Walkman/Music/Video unlimited service to allow send-and-stream via the Chromecast widget.

My partner uses the Google Play music/Movies suite and it's seamless.

Otherwise, I'll have to replcae my freesat/panasonic TV with a Sony TV just to do this... (oh, I see!)

1 REPLY 1
Visitor
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Walkman Music Unlimited and ChromeCast

Why does not the turkey., we are paying a very high price sony phone to take 2 times why our tax money is not about the money