account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Walkman App

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Walkman App

I recently purchased my Xperia Z3 and have a question regarding the Walkman app. I had all my songs on there and everything was great, then for reasons I won't go into I had to delete all data from my media apps to resolve a problem I was having. I turned off my phone, took out the SD card and then put it back in upon start up and Walkman found all my song again. However, since doing so, my Most played, Recently Played and Recently added playlists are only showing 50 songs each. I could just be imagining things but I'm sure before that Recently Played & Added showed a lot more songs than that. Is there no way to edit how many songs those playlists show? I can't seem to edit them at all via MediaGo or my Xperia.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Smart Playlists

I had to clear data from my media apps to resolve a problem I was having with Sony Album. Once I did that, I removed and reinserted my SD card so Walkman could find all my music again – all worked fine. However, since doing so, my Recently Played, Most Played & Newly Added playlists seemed to have changed and now only seem to hold 50 songs each. I could be mistaken but I’m almost 100% convinced that before I cleared media data they would hold a lot more songs than that – for instance I’m pretty sure Newly Added had all my songs on it (I only added them about 4 days ago) and that Recently Played had every song I’d played in the last few days but now they’ll only hold 50. I use these playlists a lot, especially Recently Played, but I can’t find any way to edit them.

Is there any way I can up the limit for what they hold or assuming I’m right and they held more songs before my clear data, is there any way I can fix this?

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Re: Smart Playlists

I tested this here and Walkman will only hold 50 songs in those lists in my phone as well. From what i can see there's no setting to increase it i'm afraid.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Re: Walkman App

I have problem with album and song art with my Walkman player in Sony xperia z1. I got random photo on covers and I cannot change it, the version of a Walkman I have doesn't have "edit photo info" option , it only has "download photo info" and when activating it, it changed some song covers but others remained the old photo cover. I deleted the photo didn't help either. can anyone advise what should I do to change that cover photo?