account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Walkman 8.4.A.5.4 update

Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 39
Message 2 of 39

Walkman 8.4.A.5.4 update

A new version of our Walkman application has started to roll out.

The roll out happens gradually as usual and should hit your device soon.

Improved: Better overview in Walkman® home, fewer items but with possibility to open full list view.

Improved: Significantly faster start-up time.

Bug fixes and performance enhancements.

We would also like to thank the members providing feedback here. It is highly appreciated. Below items have now been fixed.

"Listen Next has blurry album art"

"Favorite icon inconsistent throughout the app"

walkman_8.4.A.5.4.jpg

38 REPLIES 38
Rookie
Message 1 of 39
Message 1 of 39

An idea to you

Try to provide updates for apps like phone,contacts,messaging,themes,wallpapers,launchers and every sony built system apps to all xperia models to attract more customers and avoid wasting time and cost in developing a whole os.If u do so no one will ask for newer os upadte thereby it reduces your time,cost moreover u can conserve time and cost to concentrate in developing a newer device.
One time poster
Message 3 of 39
Message 3 of 39

Re: Walkman 8.4.A.5.4 update

I am using T2 Ultra, the preloaded walkman (dont remeber the version) was good, 5.4 and previous versions i am facing issue, i am not sure whether this is problem with Wlakman or firmware. Walkman gets paused in between while playing for 5 to 6 secs. So i order to confirm whether its a problem with Walkman or Firmware, i have downloaded other Music player, i see the same problem in this too. could anybody help me what eactly it is?

spicy

Adviser
Message 4 of 39
Message 4 of 39

Has the limit on amount of songs in a smart playlist been changed? I'm sure before I had more than 50 in my Recently Played and Newly Added but now both are stuck at 50...

Adept
Message 5 of 39
Message 5 of 39

Everything works perfectly. Thanks Sony. Please add sort option menu in the playlist. For example, sort by Artist, Album for the next version.
Inhabitant
Message 6 of 39
Message 6 of 39

This version cant extract  and   Album art from FLAC files on SD/NAND and NAS(WD My Book Live)

Inhabitant
Message 7 of 39
Message 7 of 39

GENRE option and this will complete the Walkman !

One time poster
Message 8 of 39
Message 8 of 39

everytime i select a new song I have to press the shuffle button again.... please fix this in the next update..
the music should remain in shuffle mode when i select a new song...
and please increase the size of the album art shown in now playing...
and also the changing colourse of the media player with every song, as was in with previous versions, was good...
Highlighted
Learner
Message 9 of 39
Message 9 of 39

I've updated the Walkman; it's good but I've got some issues. For example items in home are fewer as you said but there's no "see all" button in mine! I'm not sure if it's the same case for others.
The listen next album art isn't blurry anymore but when playing a song, on the lock screen album art is blurry when it's magnified. Please fix this.
I really appreciate it if you could let us choose the albums or Playlists we like to be shown on the home screen. If the home screen was customizable it would be great! Let us exclude the albums from Walkman, add more information to the songs (composer, arranger,...), and choose artists' photos ourselves.
Thanks for your attention;
RJP
Visitor
Message 10 of 39
Message 10 of 39

MINE is XPERIA E1............. after using it for 7 days ... my walkman giiving me problem...as it give glitches while playing song...

thaught might RAM issue so freed RAM and checked again , but ..............SAME PROBLEM...

Somebody please help!!!!!