Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.
It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.
2014-07-08 03:05 PM
No doubt I never changed any music player to Walkman since I had my Xperia phone way back Xperia Arc. With my Z1, the new 8.4.A.1.4 update shows improvement over the 3 years the Walkman app has started.
I just have a suggestion with the refreshed Walkman app. Since we have the "Add to Shortcut" function in the first Walkman app, I think it should make way for a comeback.
I suggest, by adding an "Add to Shortcut" on every menu when press and holding a song, an album, an artist or a playlist, it should be added on the "Walkman Home", where the current Home displays only newly added albums and some playlists...
I also suggest like the "What's New" app, the Walkman app should have a "Listen Next" group, then the "Shortcuts" group below, following the UI from the "What's New" app. With this, I miss that one-click functionality with my Newly Added playlist without swiping the sandwich menu, click the Playlist, then click the Newly Added, then voila.
2014-07-08 04:36 PM
Mine always shuts off when ever I go to the internet, even non-audio pages, it plays for about 5 minutes then crashes, then when I play again its back to where I started, lets hope this has been fixed tooo.
2014-07-08 04:38 PM
God I thought I was the only one! We should all start a club 'My walkman App is not very good'
No g*rls allowed.
(apprantly not allowed to say the word either)
2014-07-08 07:12 PM - edited 2014-07-08 07:42 PM
SONY just issued Walkman App version 8.3.A.1.4 and it is still a poor app, many functions are still missing and old faults are still there. Just some comments:
1) Where can I select what is visible on the Walkman Home Screen (Artist, Album, Playlist, Titel)? This very nice function was available in version 8.4.A.0.4 of the Walkman App. Why has it been removed? For me current home screen is just chaos.
2) Why can't I play tracks from a certain folder on my SD card without creating a playlist before (means: "play folder" instead of "play playlist")?
3) How can I select all tracks of a folder for a new playlist ("select all")? Do I really have to select every single track if I have 500 tracks in a folder?
4) Why isn't there a message when I add a track to a playlist and the song is already there ("duplicate track")?
5) Cross-fading between tracks is really missing!
6) How can I change the sorting order in a playlist (by artist, by track name, by album, by "added on date", etc.)?
7) Number of tracks in a playlist?
8) Old bug (still there): move track in playlist und function "edit playlist": sometimes two tracks are moved but only one track is selected for moving
SONY - disappointing update again!
2014-07-08 07:45 PM