account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

WORST SERVICE BY SONY INDIA.

Visitor
Message 1 of 34
Message 1 of 34

WORST SERVICE BY SONY INDIA.

Dont buy any Xperia series [specially Xperia z series]....Their after sales service is pathetic. ....Just regretting now that i purchased this mobile.......feeling disgusted.

My phone has been replaced 5 times consecutively with some manufacturing defects in each replacement unit. My 1 month warranty of total 1 year warranty period has totally got wasted in these replacements procedures.
I am filing a case in consumer court against this worst service provided by sony and also for cheating the customer. I would request all of you not to purchase this mobile. Because Later if there happens to be some problem in your phone then you will be in big trouble . Warranty also wont help you.

Now the new replcement provided to me is in worst condition. Its a used unit given to me. Even its scratch guard installed by previous user is not removed.I will file a case against this cheating.

New replacement as it was recieved.Picture taken in service centre.jpg

33 REPLIES 33
Visitor
Message 2 of 34
Message 2 of 34

Re: WORST SERVICE BY SONY INDIA.

DSC_0007.jpg

Message 3 of 34
Message 3 of 34

hmm thats not good well i have had no problems with mine here in sweden Slightly smiling Face unless dot in camera which was sent in under guarantees and that repair station approved guarantees request so my repair was free of charge and phone came back safe and secure and that camera works like a charm again Slightly smiling Face but i did noticed lots of people in india is complaining about phone alot :/ i wonder something fishy is going on in india or so.

Demigod
Message 4 of 34
Message 4 of 34

I am residing in Qatar and Sony service is excellent here, don't blame Sony because of a single service centre,

you have rights to go against that service centre and Sony will consider & solve your issue.

Visitor
Message 5 of 34
Message 5 of 34

Thats why i have mentioned Sony INDIA in the subject. Even though the case was highly escalated by both service centre as well as customer care they have sent me this crap piece for 5th time replacement.

before purchasing if i knew this was the replacement policy of sony....then i wouldnt have purchased this phone....
Also the back plate color of the phone is removed and there is a patch.

I dont know how a big company like sony can treat its customers like this. When i visit service centre there are atleast 2-3 people everytime  having some kind of problem with their xperia z.Some have usb port problem...some have dead pixels.....black dot in camera...screen dead....and list goes on.

How come sony sony has released its flagship phone with so many problems. As from my experience i would suggest all of you to stay away from sony. Neways this is my last sony product. ANd its your wish to listen or not.

But this is my bad experience with sony. They advertise their product in a very good way but fail miserabl;y at providing service .

The picture below is the same replacement unit which i was given at service centre .Can you beileve it? Check the patch .

DSC_0014.jpg

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 34
Message 6 of 34

Really??? Thats pathetic. I would have never got the phone had i noticed your post. Feels cheated. Cant even believe companies as big as sony do this to ppl.

I got my Xperia Z phone on Aug 4 and after using for a couple of days I noticed some greyish patch on the display running from left bottom corner straight to the centre of the display, visible mostly in bright white background. I ignored it for some time thinking it for some theme's stuff but later on comparing with my friends phone i realised its a screen defect. I got the phone coz of the display resolution preferring over samsung s4's amoled which i find very over saturated.

On 22nd Aug the sony service centre Sonnet Care, Indranagar, Bangalore, identified it as a manufacturing defect and informed me that you would recieve a new replacement handset in four days. I confirmed if its gonna be a new one or will be repaired. They said that it would be a new handset that you will receive in replacement.

Forget the 4 days i have been running behind them since then. Neither they respond properly nor even the customer care people are sure about when will i receieve my handset.

I even emailed the service head today as i started losing faith on their verbal commitment which they kept changing every time. And i just now recieved a reply, sadly an automated response mail from Meena Bose (Customer Relations - Corporate Office).  Really scared now After seeing your post. Is this the kind of service even i would get? That too paying off so much for a premium flagship phone. I feel bad now for having given the handset to the service center. May be i would have lived with a patched display phone rather than recieving a used replacement handset. Never knew this is the situation out here, that they provide refurbished mobiles saying that its a new handset for replacement. All i can just do now is to keep my fingers crossed and pray.

Sick of the service standards here in india when infact we are paying more for the premium device compared to a lot of other countries. Why are they doing so killing their own reputation.

Pls do share your experience so that we can be cautious while recieving the replacement. Which service center had u given it to?

Rookie
Message 7 of 34
Message 7 of 34

Just bought Xperia ZR from India and kolkata.

O:
Now feeling scared....

:!

I bought it from flipkart(WS retail) and it is in a fine condition though.

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 34
Message 8 of 34

I'm sorry to hear. Please send me your details in a PM and I will forward this to responsible person for your market to have someone contact you about this.

Name:
Phone nr:
E-mail:
IMEI:
Work order nr:

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 34
Message 9 of 34

Hi Johan,

Thank you for your response.

Finally received the replacement handset today, So did not pm you my details.

Was really happy to recieve it back after a long wait.

Though my handset was black in color i was told that there's shortage of black colored handset and offered me a white one instead. I accepted it as i did not want any further delay as it was already the 16th day and i have been waiting for the replacement which was supposed to be done in 4 days. That too after so many calls, emails and running around. Infact loved the white color too.

It looked perfectly new. And also had the protective plastic film on top and bottom similar to what comes when bought new. They also gave me the box of the handset, though they didnot open the seals in front of me. The seals were already broken. It contained the manual and warranty card and without any accessories. The month of Manufacture was July 13.

Interestingly i noticed the back panel near the camera on the top left corner very minutely lifted compared to all other corners. I showed it to the service centre guy and he said theres no problem as its a new handset. I told him it may not be waterproof, he replied back its waterproof and not to worry there wont be any problem. So i din have much of a choice and took it. Though am lil scared to wet it now as i had read the problem of lifting back panel here in forum.

Hope it stays fine. Dont want another trip to the service center.

One good thing i noticed is that this new replacement handset warmed up far less compared the my original handset (Manufactured in Apr 13) during normal use, also the battery backup was better. Guess sony fixed some issues. Hoping the phone works fine in future and the back panel dosent lift up. Shall post if i notice any issues with this replacement handset.

Enthusiast
Message 10 of 34
Message 10 of 34

Update...

As i had feared the happiness did not last long. As i had mentioned earlier the back panel that was already slightly lifted on the new replacement handset (as they say) when they had given me gradually lifted more in just a week and so i did not attempt getting it wet as i never wanted to go back to the service center. So things were fine till the time. 

On14th Oct the mobile gave a popup saying update available. I updated it and the build updated from 10.3.1.A.0.244 to 10.3.1.A.2.67. But after upgrade it stopped working and there was no network. On calling the customer care they asked me to reupdate via pc companion. But that did not help. On taking it back to the service center on 15th Oct they promised to replace at the earliest. I waited patiently and today when i went to take the replacement they handed me with a dirty handset with loose rubber seals and dirt and grime accumulated everywhere, scratched and a dent on the side where microsd card sits (similar to the one duggu posted pics of). When i showed them that is this the kind of replacement they gave and werent they supposed to give me a new one they said this is a gud one and thats what sony gives its a factory replacement and this is wat they recieved from head office & they cannot do anything about it. I said the handset i gave was in good and unscratched condition then how can they give me a damaged and dented piece in replacement. On that they turned rude to me. I asked to see the manager and after some time a guy named Anand came saying hes the manager. He too started to convince me to accept the replacement and infact said that he too cannot do anything as this is the policy and he said its just some scratches if u dont take it you dont know when you will get it and god knows if the next one you get will be in worse condition than this. I insisted that i am not going to take it as replacement. And on convincing that its not a scratch its a dented handset they are giving he said he will rend it back to the head office and say that the customer is not ready to accept the provided handset. They generated a new work order number and gave it to me mentioning the iemi no of the handset they were trying to give me. When i told that how can they mention the new iemi number when the handset was not given to me. They said its in their records and not to worry. They even did not tell me by when i can expect the replacement. Now its already the 10th day me without the handset again and i guess cause they gave me a new work order number they will reset their day counter. Talking to the customer support is useless. None of them are escalating the issue nor telling me how to do that.

I dont understand what is sony trying to do like this by fooling us here. Am really pissed now. Even after paying so much for the phone i have hardly used it for a month all togather out of 3 months of purchase the mobile was with the service centre for almost 2 months.

I have started losing faith on sony. And i dont think am ever going for or recomending any other sony product to any one. Really pathetic aftersales service. Not that the product is great, if it at all would have been it would not have so much of issues with it.