account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

WI-Fi Calling

Adviser
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

WI-Fi Calling

I'm plannig to change my Z3 with a new Phone, but I need the Wi-Fi calling feature. Is this option present on the new Xperia X?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: WI-Fi Calling

Wifi calling? Do you mean video call? It is available with a 3rd party app.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Genius
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

WiFi calling is a feature that allow calls to go thru WiFi rather than using the regular GSM network, very cost friendly technology however you have to buy a carrier device that support WiFi calling and as far as I know the X doesn't support WiFi calling while the Z5 does.

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Visitor
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

i think wifi calling is carrier specific, i use it on EE with my X

Learner
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Yes wifi calling works great, I did have a problem with my bt hub but now sorted.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Wi-Fi Calling is supported by T-Mobile Germany. It's a neat and handy feature. When you have no cellular connection you still can phone by using an avaiable Wi-Fi connection. Sadly, right at the moment Samsung S7 series and iPhone 7 is supported only. 

You folks at Sony, do you have any information when this feature will be supported here in Germany? British Telecom already has got the support.