account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Volume too low!!!

Highlighted
Adept
Message 1 of 55
Message 1 of 55

Volume too low!!!

Does any of you Sony employees know if Sony is going to fix Z1C's low audio volume on headphones? I'd realy like to know because if not I'm able to return Z1C to shop in a few days from now. I'm really dissapointed when I compare Z1C to my former iPhone. I noticed sites with instructions how to root the phone and use volume mod but I'd rather not to loose my guarantee. Please write what you know/what you can tell.

54 REPLIES 54
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 55
Message 2 of 55

Re: Volume too low!!!

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

Sorry to hear that you're disappointed with the volume.

I don't know if there will be any change regarding volume in upcoming updates but have you tested your phone with other headphones/headsets? Volume preference is of course very personal but i tested Z1 Compact with a MH1c and for me normal volume is about 40%. At 100% i can't even keep the headset in my ears.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Adept
Message 3 of 55
Message 3 of 55

Hi Ricard,

my set came witch MH750. I also checked with iPhone headphones some borrowed Marshalls and others. It's good to know you're happy with sound but you can always make volume down if you like, I can't beat up as I wish Crying Face You must be aware of mods which change max volume (root needed - I'd rather not to do it). Look at sites where you can see volume strength compared with other phones:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z1-Compact/Z1C-TOO-quiet-in-headhones/td-p/563453?sl=y&sso_no_l...

http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Sony-Xperia-Z1-Compact-vs-Apple-iPhone-5s_id3550/page/3 - audio output

As you can see phone is quiet compared to iPhone so i do feel a big change. I'm really confused what to do. Give phone back, root it Thinking Face Thanks for your reply.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 55
Message 4 of 55

We have received feedback about this before and it has been forwarded internally but i don't know if this is something that will be changed.

I would not recommend that you make any modifications to the phones software and try to raise the volume that way. It may void the warranty and damage the phone and your hearing.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Adept
Message 5 of 55
Message 5 of 55

I'm also dissatisfied to be forced of thinking how to mod brand new phone with WALKMAN heritage but it's low loudness is fact. Maybe with Kitkat you'll see the difference. I'm not sure if I stay by the phone till April. I appreciate your concern about my health, I seriously do. Take care.

One time poster
Message 6 of 55
Message 6 of 55

Hi

Same problem for me.

Sound 100% but no chance for me to be deaf !!

Thanks Sony Slightly frowning Face

Any  chance to get a software update ?

Pierre

Message 7 of 55
Message 7 of 55

What firmware version are you on? 681 or 757?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Inhabitant
Message 8 of 55
Message 8 of 55

After xxxx757 build update of kitkat the default ringtone Xperia volume is decreased(like chocking) and battery drain very quickly
Inhabitant
Message 9 of 55
Message 9 of 55

Phone over heat also
Inhabitant
Message 10 of 55
Message 10 of 55

Sony I don't know how u will become best in India mobile market