account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Volume control no longer bring up the sound control

Highlighted
Talent
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Volume control no longer bring up the sound control

Sony, what happens to the sound control which the volume control can bring up in Android 5.1.1? Volume control only adjust the ring volume when push. It's only when media are playing is when you can adjust the media and notification volume. Where is the little shortcut icon at the end of the volume pop up tab to open the volume control?

Now every time when I need to lower my volumes, I have to physically go into settings - sound & notifications area just so I can lower my media and notification sounds when I need it.

In Android 5.1.1, once you push the volume button to bring up the volume panel, it only controls the ring volume, there are no options for me to open the volume control so I can easily get to the Media and the notification sector. There use to be a small volume icon at the end of the volume pop up panel allowing us to easily open the full volume control. Now it's gone. Native Android M on my Nexus 7 has this. Why are you removing it and made it more complex to access these features?

Please bring these features back?

As time goes after my android M update, I'm getting more and more frustrated with the missing features. These upgrades are supposed to not only bring us new features and securities but also improve previous features or at least stay the same, but everytime when there is an upgrade from Sony, we are missing many of the usable and friendly features and access controls. What really is going on with your developed team Sony? Did you guys just decided to slap something on and roll it out? I mean you guys had 1/2 a year to develop the android M, why are these short cut features not there?

This frustrations are not the first, it's very obvious the your development team fail in ever way. Unlike all the other major brands out there, upgrade bring more features and functions, not remove them. The hardware Sony made are great devices, not perfect, but great devices and the Xperia z3 compact size is perfect For me, however I do realize Sony with such a large company has the worst software development team of all. Honestly my next phone most likely will not be a Sony.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Volume control no longer bring up the sound control

Turn your phone off and on and re check this.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Talent
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

my phone has been turned off and on many times, not to meantion I did a complete factory reset to the phone after my Andrid M upgrade.

This is not an issue with the off and on feature. can you tell me when you push your volumn button, the volumn indicator should uphere. do you see a little volumn icon or a small little arrow at the end of the volumn indicator like it was in Android 5.1?

Talent
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

it's there now. I don't know what I did, but for days and weeks I could't lower my volumn without going into setting-sound. weird.