account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Volume Box has a wrong Layout on Landscape

Sage
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Volume Box has a wrong Layout on Landscape

Hello people,

I have been absent for a while because I had my screen broken and couldn't afford to get it fixed... so for a couple of month I was distant to this community and a also a bit mad over Sony Mobile general decisions in this and newer products...

Anyway, just before I got my Z3C's screen fixed, I decided to update to Marshmallows (from KitKat) and to be honest it was both a very difficult decision to make, and a very hard change to swallow...

Besides the usual disappointments such as the lack of support of my DS3 Play Station controller (which was advertised when I bought the handset and should fall under some sort of legal dispute), and the lack of app-to-SD option that Lollipop had, and the lost Landscape Home Screen mode which is still useful for this and similar devices that have several SIDE docks (I own the DK30 and the Car Stereo XSP-N1BT).... my post is actually about a bug that I found (I do that for a living now) and, while minor, it is annoying for people like me that occassionally use the device in said orientation.

As the title says, when the device is on landscape mode (i.e. in an app that support it), the volume box that appears when the button is press, shows Superpositioned Elements in the layout (the arrow that allows you to control further volume settings is in front of the main slider), so the results is that you CANNOT use the other sliders from the box, because when you try to tap the "arrow", the Main slider moves to that position.

See Image

Screenshot_20160718-140630.png

Diego Quintero.

Software QC and Engineering Manager at QuareTech.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Volume Box has a wrong Layout on Landscape

Is this your issue?

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z5-Z5-Compact-Z5-Premium/Sound-dropdown-arrow-glitch/m-p/11444...

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Sage
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Yes, thanks... the keywords didn't show that thread for me... however since the Z3 Compact is still on 6.0 the issue has not been fixed. So it still applies here.

Thanks for the link.

Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

No worries, it has been reported but not sure what's with Z3c. I can try to find some info.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.