account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Voice clarity and very slow battery charging

Visitor
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Voice clarity and very slow battery charging

I've purchased a new c4 dual around 3 weeks back and ive been facing issues with the voice clarity when on call. Many of my callers complain about my voice becoming very feeble. If I hold the phone to my lips(like a walky talky), im audible on the call however if i hold the phone normally my voice fades and cuts out. I have confirmed that its not an issue with the sim or the service provider as when i use the same sim in a different phone everything is fine. Neither am i using any casing or lamination that is blocking the mic. There also is a big problem with the time it takes to charge the battery to even 50%. Even after i have forced stopped most apps including wifi /data and with the phone being in standby mode, it takes around 4hrs to get to full charge and to add to the agnoy its pathetic battery back up. Im very disappointed with this phone and regret purchasing it despite a few people warning me about the poor quality of Sony mobile devices nowadays. Please let me know what can i do to fix these issues asap. I dont think Sony should be offering me anything less than a full refund or a whole unit exchange with a brand new handset.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Voice clarity and very slow battery charging

1) Are u using headphones? Cause this is a bug. The voice is freezing while using it on whatsapp voice calling.

2) No solution for charging speed. The only thing I think ou can do is using power banks sometimes during the day.

Sony's phones are great, but C4 was another failure for most o people, which becomes a Sony's mistake cause this phone is not for everyone.

Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

@melville

Check of microphone noice suppression is on. If on please make it off n check.

You will find this setting in calls >> general >> microphone noice suppression
Visitor
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Nopes...not using headphone. Infact when i use the headphone its better. This happens on normal calls..have never tried watsapp calls. Ive tried different service provider sims and different locations as well to rule out the possibility of bad network coverage...still no go Slightly frowning Face 

Visitor
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Thanks Amit. I turned off the microphone noise cancellation option but it did not change a thing Slightly frowning Face This phone is a piece of lemon!!

Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

can you please try to repair your phone with PCC and advice us on output. 

Visitor
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Sure...whr can I download pcc from?