account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Video unlimited unable to download

Learner
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Video unlimited unable to download

Hi I have a xperia z tablet and I'm trying to download movies to the tablet with video unlimited and I keep getting not connected to network can anyone help thanks
9 REPLIES 9
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Video unlimited unable to download

I'm not sure if Video unlimited still works - I'm almost sure it is done through the Whats new app

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Learner
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

What? Can any one confirm this for me cause that's bull if you can buy content but not watch it.
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Try contacting Xperia care to have this clarified and to see if Video unlimited is or was having issues - http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

pH7
Regular
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Mark321, have you tried downloading using a different WiFi network just to make sure it's not an issue with your connection?

Download issues could be casued by such things as your network provider enforcing firewall or proxy rules that is blocking some of the traffic.

If you still have issues, could you please let me know.

Learner
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

I haven't tried a different WiFi network but I did try disabling the firewall on my network and still got the not connected to Network Notification. I did talk to a sony support person and they told me I might have to port forward the codes for Sony on my wireless router but don't now Howe to. Trying to look up on line and can't find out how everything I find looks different than what I'm seeing on my routers home page for port forwarding.
One time poster
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Okay new update for video unlimited no its called playstation video.  Still not working same thing as before. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks 

One time poster
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

FINALLY!!

SOMEONE ELSE WITH THE SAME ISSUE AS ME!!!

I am suffering this exact same issue as you and Sony have been extremely unhelpful, first I tried the only chat, they told me its a Playstation product so I need to speak to them, so I email the entertainment network and they tell me they only deal with Playstation products and that as I'm using a phone, I need to speak to the Mobile support, which is when I went back to the online chat, and they again were extremely unhelpful and just kept telling me to speak to the Playstation people!!!

Its driving me crazy, Sony support is so unhelpful, neither department is able to assist!

pH7
Regular
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Hi Mark and Jay,

Sorry to hear that you are still having this issue.

To help us investigate could you please send me a private message and share the following information for your Xperia devices:

Go to /Settings/About phone/

Model number

Build number

Go to /Settings/Apps/All

PlayStation Video app version number (latest version is 14.1.A.1.3)

Video app version number (latest version is 9.1.A.1.18)

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Hi guys,

I apologize for the inconvenience you experience at the moment. 

Some users may experience problems downloading videos through Playstation Video. We are working on this and until it has been fixed, we recommend you to stream videos instead.