account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Video recording limitation.

Adept
Message 1 of 29
Message 1 of 29

Video recording limitation.

I have been using the video recording with full HD 60fps, but the camera app is closed about 1-2 minutes later from the starting due to the high temperature.
It means I cannot take the video 2 minutes more with this option(full HD 60fps).

Actually, I am using LG G3 bought 2 years before, and can take the movie 5 minutes with UHD Quality even this is Sanpdragon 801. (It limits 5minutes as maximum.)

I think this issue is not related to the chipset and hope Sony can improve this issue with SW update.

28 REPLIES 28
Highlighted
Message 2 of 29
Message 2 of 29

Re: Video recording limitation.

I'm currently testing and although I did get a heat warning at just over 9:30, it's still recording at 17:40

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Message 3 of 29
Message 3 of 29

30:10 before shutdown

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.

Message 4 of 29
Message 4 of 29

DSC_0121.jpg

DSC_0123.jpg

DSC_0125.jpg

Message 5 of 29
Message 5 of 29

@nolramb can you see similar experience on 60fps video?

Talent
Message 6 of 29
Message 6 of 29

I have xperia Z5 with similar issue , i can record only 4 minutes 1080p @60fps . 4k video recording last more than 30 minutes...
Adept
Message 7 of 29
Message 7 of 29

@viridis wrote:
I'm currently testing and although I did get a heat warning at just over 9:30, it's still recording at 17:40

Did you test with full HD 60fps??

Forum Legend
Message 8 of 29
Message 8 of 29

I have no problems with heat even I live in a humid area.

I suggest to try recording again , this time restart your device first ( to flush out opened background tasks) or try on safe mode

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Adept
Message 9 of 29
Message 9 of 29

@nolramlb wrote:

I have no problems with heat even I live in a humid area.

I suggest to try recording again , this time restart your device first ( to flush out opened background tasks) or try on safe mode

Thanks for the comment and I will keep to watch this issue.

Actually, I tried to record again and it works about 5 minutes more at this time, but changing the storage to internal memory from SD card.

I don't know if it effects to the recording duration.

Forum Legend
Message 10 of 29
Message 10 of 29

it might help a little bit, since the internal memory has faster read/write speeds compared to external memory.

Though this might increase the duration, do not expect it to be better, as far as I know , other phone manufacturers are putting limit on this Video mode is because of the heat, sony xperia doesn't have this limit but heat will eventually limit the duration.

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling