account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Video Call on Xperia L

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 11 of 24
Message 11 of 24

video call

how to make video call in sony experia L ?

how to unroot sony experia L ?
Emperor
Message 12 of 24
Message 12 of 24

Re: video call

You need a data plan or wifi then you can use 

Gtalk/Hangouts or skype or tango

if the bootloader its locked then repair your phone with SUS or PCC that will unroot your phone

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 13 of 24
Message 13 of 24

Re: video call

Update Service (SUS)

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/Software%20Downloads/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.12.5.exe

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Inhabitant
Message 14 of 24
Message 14 of 24

Re: Video Call on Xperia L

From the other APP like skype i am not able to recieve the call whats the issue??

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 15 of 24
Message 15 of 24

@prav - Do you have the application installed on your handset as both you and the caller need to have the same application setup on your device?

Don't forget to mark posts that answers the topic as Accepted Solution. 
If you find any post helpful, press Kudos.
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 16 of 24
Message 16 of 24

yes i have installed it and the other person using skype from Laptop but i am not able to recieve the call.

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 17 of 24
Message 17 of 24

What happens on their end when they try to call you and do you get any notification the phone at all when they try?

Don't forget to mark posts that answers the topic as Accepted Solution. 
If you find any post helpful, press Kudos.
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Talent
Message 18 of 24
Message 18 of 24

Native 3G video call

Hi,
I know that our Xperia L does not not support 3g Native video call( through operator, without data plan),
And android os itself its not supporting that feature. which is present in ios and old symbian phones.
But somehow Samsung is providing that feature in its smart phones.
I request Sony to provide us the feature in the upcoming updates.
because, in my region (India), native 3g video calls are very cheaper compared to calls using Skype(through data)..
Is it possible..?
Emperor
Message 19 of 24
Message 19 of 24

Re: Native 3G video call

Its not part of iOS, it is indeed part of Symbian and other feature phones. Indeed, some brands have added this feature in certain markets/regions. 

It has been requested before (since 2010) but I doubt it will happen

Talent
Message 20 of 24
Message 20 of 24

Re: Native 3G video call

Hi uliwooly,
if other brands can do, why not Sony?
it will be very helpful if they bring that feature..