account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Vibrate cuts out?

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 15
Message 1 of 15

Vibrate cuts out?

Hey guys got the latest update for this phone and for some reason when I type on keyboard the vibrate will stop randomly (has done about 3 times already) I then have to shake the phone to get it to come on again why is this and how do I fix it? Thank you.
14 REPLIES 14
Emperor
Message 2 of 15
Message 2 of 15

Re: Vibrate cuts out?

@RiozNewbie

could you test it on >>> safe mode

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 15
Message 3 of 15

@RiozNewbie,

If you have to shake the phone it sounds like it might be a physical issue, maybe something is loose. Does it only happen with the keyboard?

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 15
Message 4 of 15

I think so yes. Also how do I get location working? My gps doesn't seem to be working
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 15
Message 5 of 15

Scratch the last part gps works and how do I go into safe mode?
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 15
Message 6 of 15

@RiozNewbie

Follow the link that uliwooly provided on the word "safe mode". All the steps are there.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 15
Message 7 of 15

Yep still does it and need to shake to get it working again... What is wrong with it? Apart from that all that wrong with it... I was sure it was working before the update. Unless I didn't notice it.
Emperor
Message 8 of 15
Message 8 of 15

@RiozNewbie

It might be a hardware issue, you could repair it with PCC if that doesn't work, contact your Local support

software repair

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 9 of 15
Message 9 of 15

1. Settings
2. About phone
3. Diagnostics
4. Test
5. Test vibration
Enthusiast
Message 10 of 15
Message 10 of 15

Vibration works on diagnostics. And i will try the Pc repair maybe before work today and let you know as this is getting ridiculous.