account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Using Tablet Z as PS3 Remote Control

Rookie
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Using Tablet Z as PS3 Remote Control

Does anyone know how to setup the remote control function of the Tablet Z to control the PS3? I have searched on the internet, and can not find any instructions. I am able to setup all of my tv's, stereo, satellite box, etc. However, I have been unsuccessful in setting up the PS3 to be controlled by the Tablet Z. Does anyone know how to do that? It would be nice to setup a macro to turn on the PS3 and play Blu-rays / DVD's. Thanks. Also, just for clarification, I am not talking about pairing the Tablet Z to a PS3 controller / using it as a controller for games. I want to use the Z as a remote control for the PS3.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Using Tablet Z as PS3 Remote Control

I believe that the best way that you can program to control the PS3 would be to do a 'Manual Setup' with the Remote App on the Tablet. This would be a long process and you would need maybe an PS3 Remote to send the commands from that remote to the tablet to program it.

Have a look and see if this will work for you!

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

It's not possible for the Xperia Tablet Z to control the PS3 through infrared, this since the PS3 communicates through Bluetooth. You would need a usb dongle that recieves infrared or a Logitech Harmony Adapter for PS3 (which recieves ir-signals and converts them to Bluetooth). I have this myself and it works very well.

Here's an image of the Logitech Harmony Adapter for PS3.

http://www.logitech.com/assets/17533/17533.png

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Though the z is also Bluetooth and you can pair it with a ps3 control why they dont have an option for controlling the ps3 is beyond me. Thinking Face

Highlighted
Paf
One time poster
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Agree. And it was a reason for me to get an xperia. Disappointed.