account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Urdu Text Input Support

Regular
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Urdu Text Input Support

My XSP can write in Farsi and Arabic... But cant write Urdu text, is there any way to get built in support for Urdu input Because I do not want to install Urdu key board from Play Store.
Sony Please add "Urdu" in Xperia keyboard Writing languages.
9 REPLIES 9
Emperor
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Urdu Text Input Support

Chekc the playstore

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=klye.plugin.ur&hl=en

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Thanks for the reply, but man I do not want to intall an app for this,,, Even the 4.3 JB do not have support for Urdu Input. in XSP there is Support for Arabic and Farsi, and I do think that the Urdu Alphabets are not much different from Arabic and Farsi.. I use Arabic and Farsi Keyboards to Write Urdu Text, but certainly some Alphabets are Missing there... is there any way to Install Some Urdu Keyboard in XSP OS?

Sony Please add "Urdu" in Xperia keyboard Writing languages.
One time poster
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

I also face this problem
I need urdu language in list
One time poster
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Yes Sony
Please just you have to add some more characters with arabic and there we will get the urdu
Please i need it, i dont want to use another app for urdu
One time poster
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Dear sony please add urdu keyboard in xperis devices please please please
One time poster
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Yes please Sony add Urdu text support.
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Please Add Urdu language

Please I request to developers & Sony team to add Urdu language in Languages list.....

I'm using sony from 2005 & faced always same problem in every phone..... urdu dznt exists. its a language of a complete country of milions of peoples, we use it in daily talks & chats, sony is the best brand in Digital world, they always gave ease of access, but this is only single thing that makes trouble in sony phones

Regular
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

I love sony but i hate Sony keyboard
please add Urdu text
Visitor
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Xperia guys, low, medium or high end, all android phones and apple has Urdu keyboard support in keyboards. Why are you lagging behind? Fix it please.