account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Upgrade to Xperia X Performance?

Commissioner
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Upgrade to Xperia X Performance?

Hey everybody, unfortunaly two days ago my Xperia Z3's screen cracked and left the touchscreen unresponsive except for a tiny fraction. (One postive is that I could still open the Xperia Care app but once I got to the homescreen, I couldn't choose 'Support Forum".) :smileysmileywink: I am now looking to upgrade and since I am a big fan of Sony's Xperia lineup and also because this Support Forum is incredibly awesome, (Seriously, the response times and knowlege that you guys have is amazing!) I was wondering if I should upgrade to the X Performance? I would upgrade to the XZ but it isn't available in my country. If anyone has any advice or/and has the phone, please feel free to respond. Thanks! 

8 REPLIES 8
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Upgrade to Xperia X Performance?

Hi @edmonddantes1829,

I'm sorry to hear about your Z3 Slightly frowning Face

Obviously, I may be a little bias here haha, but I use the X Performance as my main phone. I do all the standard stuff, but I also play a lot of phone games. I've had no issues with it yet. I personally would recommend it.

That said, having used the XZ, it definitely is the superior device. It's a shame it's not available to you.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Commissioner
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Thanks for the reply. I am a little upset the XZ isn't available but there isn't that much difference between it and the X Performance that I'm truly upset about. The main thing I'm concerned about is battery life as the Z3 has a 3,100 Mah battery while the Performance has a 2,700 MaH. I do consider myself a pretty heavy user and the Z3 lasted from 7:00AM to about 10:00PM for me. Is there a big difference that is noticeable for battery life?
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

@edmonddantes1829,

As you can imagine, for my job I am on the phone constantly, testing things and such. If I don't charge it throughout the day it will last me until I get home, but will need a charge by then.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Commissioner
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

I'll take that as the battery being pretty good. Slightly smiling Face I have another question if you don't mind answering. The Z3's speakers were really clear when playing music but they didn't get very loud. Is the X Performance's speakers about the same, worse, or better on volume output? 

Regular
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

See http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-X-Performance/Accelerometer-stops-working/m-p/1168513#U1168513

If you're okay to wait 1 month to fix this annoying bug, I would recommend update. Otherwise Google Pixel probably might be a good choice.

Commissioner
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Thanks for the information. I'd rather not wait a month but if the update does fix a a major issue such as the accelerator maybe I will wait. I did look at the Pixel and the only thing I didn't like was the circular icons.
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

From my point of view the battery is the only real disadvantage of the performance. I came from a z3compact and I am still kind of shocked how fast the battery drains. If I really use the phone and have a business dinner then the phone is dead when I am home Slightly frowning Face this never happened with my old phone.
Besides that it is a really good device.
Enthusiast
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

I would recommend XPERIA XZ wich I bought from UK because it was cheaper and no extra tax because Croatia is in EU. So if you are in EU you could by XZ in other EU country.

If you are not able to buy XZ, XPERIA X Performance is good phone. I had XPERIA X Performance. For better battery I swiched to WCDMA/GSM because 4G drained my battery more. Anyway battery is the weakest point of X Performance although with WCDMA/GSM it was better. It could last me through day from morning (7 a.m.) to evening (10 p.m.) with 20% to 40% of battery in the evening. Mostly 30% battery. I had lot of calls, emails, viber, news, updates from google play, google+. So you will get 1 day without 4G.