account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Update of death

Genius
Message 11 of 16
Message 11 of 16

Re: Update of death

Before using the companion app be sure to have 100% battery. And yeah, try what uliwooly said.

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Highlighted
Message 12 of 16
Message 12 of 16

Hey bud, greetings, listen I ran up on the same problem with updating the latest update of Android Lollipop a couple of days ago and I havent gotten my phone to work. I´ve tried the pull battery simulation, hard reset, 120 second and repairing my device with xperia companion as well as sony pc companion. I get the 0x00000064 error code and checked every possible trick from sonymobile support page as well as other tips from the net but nothing. What do you suggest I do next ol´pal. my best regards, JoelRdzHdz1982

Emperor
Message 13 of 16
Message 13 of 16

@Joelrdzhdz1982

Does your computer has a firewall and/or antivirus?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 14 of 16
Message 14 of 16

yes, i added sony pc companion and sony mobile update engine to the firewall access but it didnt work. I deactivated the firewall and still nothing. Could it be a problem with the hardware (phone battery) maybe? I just got the phone a couple of weeks ago, its practically brand new. Maybe the phone overheated and damaged the internal battery or something. What else do you advice?

Message 15 of 16
Message 15 of 16

I also have the problem that the usb drive doesnt recognize my phone and this is what appears on the driver properties

Emperor
Message 16 of 16
Message 16 of 16

@Joelrdzhdz1982

contact your Local support to get it inspected 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)