account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Update Failure - Screen constant 'System Update Failure'

Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Update Failure - Screen constant 'System Update Failure'

Hey there, I installed the sony pc companion and i was notified of an Update for the Z1 - It installed, and then there was an error.. Now my phone wont start back up to the normal screen and says that the System Update Failed, make sure the device is connected and retry etc.. 

The thing is, ive checked my firewall ive made sure the program has been added to the accepted list.. The driver said it downloaded properly when the USB was plugged in. I cant restore it because there was no back up loaded on to the hard drive to start with.. And when i plug my phone in to the wall charger it just turns on says the System update failure thing again, turns off and turns on again straight away saying the same thing...

What do I do..

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Update Failure - Screen constant 'System Update Failure'

- disable firewall and antivirus on pc

- start pc companion

- connect the z1 on pc (maybe different usb port if possible)

- on pc companion: update -> repair

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Try using SUS found here - Install select your phone and follow the onscreen instructions for updating and or repairing your phone

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Thanks, i dont know how i found it but when i went to 'How to connect' up on the top left hand corner it went through the prompts and basically told me i was connected, however when i went to the 'Start now' button on the Phone/Tablet Software Update the device was not being recognised. However when i went in to the repair mode it automatically picked up from where it left.. Installed the update, removed all the files though which is the down fall..

Long live the Z1 everything seems to be working fine, i think they should have people working on the software side of things a bit more seems like theres a few issues there with the software update and from the looks of it im not the only one.

Cheers for the reply.

V J King Jr