account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Update Center issue on 14.4.A.0.157

Highlighted
Talent
Message 1 of 23
Message 1 of 23

Update Center issue on 14.4.A.0.157

I have flashed 14.4.A.0.157 on my Z1 C6903 (I already made repare via PC Companion). Update Center can not find update for Walkman and Album and all other updates such as Tasks and others. In my opinion Update Center does not work at all on that new SW 14.4.A.0.157.

But Camera works fine now!

Such problems not only for me, I know more people.

22 REPLIES 22
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 23
Message 2 of 23

Re: Update Center issue on 14.4.A.0.157

Maybe these updated apps were pushed to older firmwares 1st and will then filter down to the newer firmwares also bear in mind that even though the updates are app related they still have to be authorised for release by networks

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Talent
Message 3 of 23
Message 3 of 23

No, I do not think so! If I flashed back to 14.4.A.0.108 then many updates Update Center has checked! but if flashed back to 14.4.A.0.157 then Update Center has no updates (0 updates). Maybe it depends on new kernel (from 9 October)?

Visitor
Message 4 of 23
Message 4 of 23

Do i really need to update my z1 with dis version??
Im thinking wat benefits can i get with dis newest software update.. Anyone??
Message 5 of 23
Message 5 of 23

New firmware has older versions of a Walkman, album and movies app and update center do not show any new version of apps.

There is no fix of Bluetooth speaker bug my speaker plays in full volume as older firmware has, only volume slider moves but volume level play in full level.

second same problem only z1 earphone(comes with z1) and earphone without mic works well, but other brand earphone with mic works once, when I plugged out and reinsert earphone then sound comes from z1 speaker not from earphone I have to restart each time.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 23
Message 6 of 23

There are currently no app updates available for the new firmware in Update Centre. This is something that has been forwarded internally.

@Kulveer_Singh

Please try this with one of our speakers or bluetooth headsets. With some 3:rd party speakers, it's not possible to adjust the volume from the phone when you have Android 4.4. There's been a change regarding how bluetooth volume works in Android 4.4 and not all speakers may be compatible with it.

Not all 3:rd party headsets are either. There are for example different types of microphones available which requires different voltages. You can try to force the oputput to the headset using an app like https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.woodslink.android.wiredheadphoneroutingfix but i can't say for sure if it will help or produce good sound.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Message 7 of 23
Message 7 of 23

Thanks Mr Rickard, I am facing earphone detection with Klipsch s4i earphone problem from the time I updated to kitkat, but with this app now I no need to restart each time. App works perfectly thanks bro.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 23
Message 8 of 23

Glad to hear that the app helped Slightly smiling Face

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Message 9 of 23
Message 9 of 23

Is the new software 14.4.A.0.157 include the knock on feature? i.e. Turn on the screen by double tapping the screen instead of pressing the power button.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 23
Message 10 of 23

No, i'm afraid Z1 does not have this feature.