account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Update 6.0 Contacts Lost

Visitor
Message 31 of 35
Message 31 of 35

Re: Update 6.0 Contacts Lost

Hey! Tried filtering, ticked all boxes, but no effect. Some contacts still missing... could it be somehow related to something blocking the phone memory? If we assume the lost contacts where on the phone memory.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 32 of 35
Message 32 of 35

@Kaarli,

Contacts are stored on the phone memory, yes, so if this was wiped you may have lost some contacts. 

If you had a Gmail account set up in your phone then it will automatically back up your contacts to that account. Add that Gmail account back to your phone under Settings > Accounts and it should sync the contacts back.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 33 of 35
Message 33 of 35

I came onto the forum to figure out how to find my lost contacts which had disappeared after a system and Sony auto updates that my phone went through. I am pretty sure it updated to Marshmallow (6.0.1) in the process.

I use Microsoft exchange 

Try going into Settings-accounts-exchange active sync-account name

and turn off and then on the sync contacts toggle

Highlighted
Learner
Message 34 of 35
Message 34 of 35

Lost contacts after latest update

I updated yesterday To latest version of Android. I noticed that all except local contacts are gone. I have been using my live.com as contact account, (because I have Nokia background).
How can I get my contacts back? I logged To my live acco with browser and On live account they excist.
Learner
Message 35 of 35
Message 35 of 35

Got this solved by removing live.com account and then added it again.