account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Unsuccessful back-up/restore Z3 Dual 5.0.2

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Unsuccessful back-up/restore Z3 Dual 5.0.2

I made a backup of my Z3 dual prior doing "repair".

All was successful, however after restore, nearly all music is gone, settings are not restored and none of the screens (panes) is made the same way it was before.

Although I am not sure if the last one shall happened then what about music and playlists?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Unsuccessful back-up/restore Z3 Dual 5.0.2

Did you use on phone app called Backup & Restore? Or you used PC Companion for backup?

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Bridge for Mac.

Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

I'm sorry I'm not fully aware of the options in Bridge for Mac, I use PCC. But if you did back up your music they should be there in the back up folder.

And homescreens are not available for back up and restore, coz they are dependant on installed apps and widgets. For Setting, some of then are in the back up and some are not.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Usually,it is recommended that media files are backed up manually. Otherways, the backup file size will be huge and hard to restore.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Commissioner
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

I always keep my music on the SD card and never back up it using neither the Backup & Restore nor the Mac or PC. Same with the images.

This way is also way faster. The screens are always gone and on Android I never had my playlist playlists back.