account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Unlocking from network

One time poster
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Unlocking from network

anyone in the UK know how to unlock/unlatch a tablet from a service provider as my one has not got a clue how to.

9 REPLIES 9
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Unlocking from network

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

First of all, you need the unlock code which your current service provider should have. When you have this code (to unlock the network), you just need to insert a SIM-card from another network provider and the Tablet will ask for the unlock code. When you enter it and save, the Tablet will be unlocked and you can use any operator.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Hi,  Please allow me to ask, how do i know if my Z1C is latched to the 02 network. I bought it from carphone warehouse on a 2year contract tied to 02. I wish to change networks very soon and have attempted to unlatch using the 02 App. Received a reply from them stating "cant be done, this is not a 02 device".  This prompts the question, where do i go from here. am i correct in assuming that the phone is unlatched or could it be that their reply is because i am not using the number that was supplied with the phone. Hoping you can help with a solution, thanks

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Hi djb1,

You can either mount a SIM-card from another network provider and when the phone has powered on, you would be asked to enter the code to unlock the network. If it's locked to a specific network, it will only work with a SIM-card from that provider.

Or you can check the service menu. Go to the dialer and enter *#*#7378423#*#* > Service info > SIM lock.
If you see that the clams are marked with an X (for exmaple [X] network), this indicates that it's locked.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Hi Hampus,

Tried the latter and it came up with five sub headings under Sim Lock, each one had a 0 at its side which tells me it is unlocked.  thanks a lot mate, you are a Top Guy.

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

The number that you have, indiciates how many tries you have left to unlock the phone. Did you see any mark inside the clams/brackets that I mentioned: For example, [x] Network 0? If you do not have any marks inside the clams, the phone is unlocked. The number should then also be shown as zero.

Apprentice
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

i,ll show you what's there.  [ ]   network            0  

[ ]   network subset   0

[ ]   service provider    0

[ ]   corporate          0

[ ]    sim         0

so the above means i am unlocked, yes.  when you say a number depicts how many attempts one has left to try and unlock i assume this number would be inside the bracket, and you are not referring to the zeros, because i have not made any attempts to unlock.

Forum Legend
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Yes, based on this information your phone is unlocked. :smileysmileythumbsup:

The bracket is the one that shows if the phone is locked, but it will not show a number just an "X"-mark inside the brackets. And the number (in this case a zero, if the phone was locked it would normally show 5 instead of 0) indicates how many tries you have left to unlock it.

If the phone has been unlocked or has never been locked, the number will always show 0. 

Apprentice
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

got  there in the end just aboutBeat upthanks for your patience

Forum Legend
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

No problem, you're welcome! Slightly smiling Face