account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Unable to pair via Wifi with Sony Pc Companion

Learner
Message 21 of 25
Message 21 of 25

Re: Unable to pair via Wifi with Sony Pc Companion

i'm still struggling With this and not able to connect.any advise please? 

One time poster
Message 22 of 25
Message 22 of 25

I have been reading posts. How do I open my phone's internal storage

Message 23 of 25
Message 23 of 25

Go to Settings

Hit Xperia connectivity

Hit USB connectivity

You should see your PC's name under Wireless Media Transfer (if it says your pc is already paired while pairing)

Click on your PC's name (it will show you "Pair" and "Connect")

Hit Connect and it should be connected

Confirming above as working. It will not auto connect when you connect to wireless network. 

After hitting Connect phone vibrates 2 times and you can see storage in my computer.

If you just turn off wireless, without tapping "Disconect from PC" and then turn on wireless again, it will autoconnect and auto-show in my computer. No need for PC companion to be running on PC.

Thanks for info.

Commissioner
Message 24 of 25
Message 24 of 25

I just stumbled upon this problem after doing a factory reset. You have to check in the windows control panel, printers and devices, you'll see a device with the same product name as your phone (in my case since I have a Z3 it was called D6603), right click on it and select remove. On the phone using a file explorer go to the root folder on your internal memory and you'll find a file with the same hostname as your pc, delete it. Then go through the pairing again, it will work (it did for me after removing both the file and the device).

---
Was this helpful? Give me a kudos Slightly smiling Face
One time poster
Message 25 of 25
Message 25 of 25

I am not finding "how to connect" in my pc campanion. I have downloaded from official website of SONY.