account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Unable to pair via Wifi with Sony Pc Companion

Visitor
Message 1 of 25
Message 1 of 25

Unable to pair via Wifi with Sony Pc Companion

Hello,

I am unable to pair my Z2 phone to pc companion anymore. Steps that lead to this:

1. SETUP a working connection to PC (both USB and WIFI)

2. Reset phone to factory settings.

3. Retried to setup the connections

4. Connection via USB works (pc companion recognizes my phone)

5. CANNOT SETUP CONNECTION VIA WIFI

The PC does not appear anymore under XPERIA CONNECTIVTY > USB CONNECTIVITY (even though it is connected via USB)

When I try to setup the WIFI Connection it says that my pc is already paired... but it does NOT appear in the list. Only option I have is Pair with PC.

Please help me figure out how to UNPAIR the pc from my phone when I CANNOT SEE IT IN THE PAIRED list...

24 REPLIES 24
Visitor
Message 2 of 25
Message 2 of 25

Re: Unable to pair via Wifi with Sony Pc Companion

I have managed to fix this myself.

Have tried:

1. Reinstall PC COMPANION (removed all registry data) - > NO GOOD

2. Factory reset phone again -> NO GOOD

3. Reconnected through another common WIFI -> NO GOOD

Only solution was to RENAME MY PC, and as such, setup a totally different connection.

This workaround is not what I would have expected from this PC Companion program... you should really include a REMOVE OBSELETE connections option, or at least REMOVE EXISTING ones, which the PHONE cannot see without ROOT access.

Learner
Message 3 of 25
Message 3 of 25

Has this been fixed yet, really bad for a company like sony to get this basic thing wrong

One time poster
Message 4 of 25
Message 4 of 25

the same for me bought Z2, I'm experienced programmer can not connect this to PC no errors nothing... just a notification could not connect...

update: Finally I found a solution, the network sharing should be turn on, on my win 8 just simple right mouse click on wifi connected network name and choose turn sharing on or off. Hope it will help others save a time... 

One time poster
Message 5 of 25
Message 5 of 25

hi!! i had your problem then i fixed it!!! in your internal storage there is a file neamed your computer!! remove that and enjoy pairing!! for ex my pc name is armin-pc ! i deleted the file with this name from internal storage and fixed that!!

now i have another problem : i have installed windows 8.1 but  when i want to pair the device with pc companion it hangs in the pairing content!!

One time poster
Message 6 of 25
Message 6 of 25

hey my prob fixed it self....left the pc companion freezed n went online to read this forum...after reading that it can be solved,by deleting the pair log file from the internal storage,i went to my phone storage..couldnt see the file...refreshed the page for some times n the pairing request poped up on my phn...so i guess jst patience

Visitor
Message 7 of 25
Message 7 of 25

Please fix that **bleep**

One time poster
Message 8 of 25
Message 8 of 25

finally solved problem. its very easy. i  m showing you how to do it. (as Example my pc name is Lines-PC)

1. connect phone to pc via usb cable

2. Open your phone internal storage

3. Find your pc name file as my pc name is Lines-PC

4. Remove thet Lines-PC (Delete your pc named File) File

5. Go back and Configure again. It will work good as before.

Hope this helps... you can contact me if neede any help at my FB - Jimmy Lines

One time poster
Message 9 of 25
Message 9 of 25

to share my useful experience : after 3 days of brainstorming and testing, i founded : my pc was link to my box (internet) by Ethernet (cable), i switched to the Wifi connection then OK... strange as all the others devise have access to my computer with the Ethernet set up...

Inhabitant
Message 10 of 25
Message 10 of 25

Deleting the PC name file worked for me. PC connected by ethernet cable.