account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Unable to pair via Wifi with Sony Pc Companion

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 11 of 25
Message 11 of 25

Re: Unable to pair via Wifi with Sony Pc Companion

@arminops wrote:

hi!! i had your problem then i fixed it!!! in your internal storage there is a file neamed your computer!! remove that and enjoy pairing!!

Thanks so much!

This worked for me instantly. Just spent hours on end to get back to normal after I had to factory reset my Z1C because of one stupid button press (accidentally changed the radio band to US).

One time poster
Message 12 of 25
Message 12 of 25

I had a different solution to this. If your PC has firewall enabled. In Windows 7, you need to go to:
Network and Sharing Center >
Windows Firewall >

Allow program or feature through Windows Firewall (top of sidebar) >

then click Change Settings

Once you clicked that, check the boxes for Wireless Portable Devices. It depends on your network if its Home/Work or Public  connecttion. Then press Ok.

Then try to pair your device to PC again via wifi. It should work now.

One time poster
Message 13 of 25
Message 13 of 25

Hi,

i have been trying to pair my sony xperia z2 to my pc which is running windows 8.1. I keep getting stuck at the pairing phase even after enabling wifi portable devices on windows firewall. I am unable to find the pc name file as described in the internal memory of my phone - there is none. any advice could be helpful!

Visitor
Message 14 of 25
Message 14 of 25

So i have the same problem aswell. 

So far i have tried:

Deleting the PC file *did not even find it in Internal Storage

Upaired, multiple times, set up static IP adresses, tryed it on 2,4Ghz and 5Ghz 

The computer simply cannot see the device in the network.

So i disabeled firewalls, created rules, to allow all traffic.

Then i pinged the device from my pc, and got a solid feed back. (Connected via Ethernet)

Pinged PC from the Phone while on same network, everything worked.

Now i did same with my laptop, what is connected into the same Wifi network as the phone, still nothing.

Both Computers are running on windows 8.

Now i did see the device in the network, but the PC does not understand what it is dealing with, even though i have PC companion set up, as soon as it tells me to disconnect USB and connect wirelessly, there is no hope, it just keep tryng, until it times out.

Visitor
Message 15 of 25
Message 15 of 25

Right so after a bit more testing i got it working. 

I saw there was a Device in Devices and Printers, named D605 or something, and it was unspecified, and it had my phones IP. However the Driver was missing, or partially there, but not enough to make the connection. The Computer did see the device, but did not understand what it was. 

So i went to Device Manager, and looked for it,i had no luck,  connected USB cable to see it pop up. I tried installing Sonys Drivers, after removing Windows ones, but since they were not compatible for whatever reason, i searched for new drivers, after just deleting the same old ones, the phone managed to connect to pc wirelessly. 

So i dont know what to make of this, driver configuration file on PC screws it up, or its something even more devious.

Visitor
Message 16 of 25
Message 16 of 25

I have to say due to some reason this worked. I refreshed couple of times using ES-explorer but it didn't work. Then I came back after 2-3 mins and refreshed again and I got the pairing request and I was able to see the file. I have followed same steps so many times and this is the first time I was refreshing for the files. Luckly this itme it worked. Thanks for the tip.

One time poster
Message 17 of 25
Message 17 of 25

could you please exlain where you got the working drivers from? 

Namasté, Jordan.

One time poster
Message 18 of 25
Message 18 of 25

After fighting this problem for hours on my Windows 8.1 PC, I finally found a working solution. 

In my case, it seems the problem was caused by my network being "public", instead of "private". When in public mode, there are some security limitations that will prevent the wireless connection with the phone.

Here's a good guide to how to change that network setting:

Visitor
Message 19 of 25
Message 19 of 25

Do as below

Disconnect from USB

Go to Settings

Hit Xperia connectivity

Hit USB connectivity

You should see your PC's name under Wireless Media Transfer (if it says your pc is already paired while pairing)

Click on your PC's name (it will show you "Pair" and "Connect")

Hit Connect and it should be connected

One time poster
Message 20 of 25
Message 20 of 25

Thank you for this answer.  I have spent the afternoon trying to connect to my paired Compact Xeperia phone.  I followed your advice to turn on file sharing and bingo...my phone connected.