account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Unable to install or start phone software update components.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 11 of 40
Message 11 of 40

Re: Unable to install or start phone software update components.

I went to the web site and search for a download, but could not find it. It keeps saying that I should do it through PC Companion. Can you please give us a URL for this download.

Oracle
Message 12 of 40
Message 12 of 40

PC Companion is normally found on your phone memory and will install when you connect your phone to the PC first time round.

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/phones/detailed/installpccompanion/xperiax10?cc=gb&lc=en

The other one to try for updating is Sony Ericsson Update Service which can be found here

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/phones/topic/updateserviceapplication/xperiax10?cc=gb&lc=en

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 13 of 40
Message 13 of 40

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/softwaredownloads/detailed/updateservice/xperiax10?cc=gb&lc=...

This is the link.

downlaod that and install it on your pc and then choose your cellphone.

follow the instuction that will be apeared.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 14 of 40
Message 14 of 40

Yipppeee!!!! Thank you so much. This worked! I am now on Android 2.1

Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 15 of 40
Message 15 of 40

If you're with Vodafone and trying to update to 2.1 then you will have to wait because they have not released the software.  Vodafone have sent me an email. confirming this. I have been advised by a T-mobile customer that she has been able to update her phone. The reason I upgraded (and spent more money) to a X10i was because I was able to update over the internet but Vodafone neglected to advise me that I wouldn't be able to do this.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 16 of 40
Message 16 of 40

how do you login in that app??? I mean where should I register to in order to have a username and password?

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 17 of 40
Message 17 of 40

thanks iceboy, i have wasted a day with pc companion, and SE troubleshooting and on the phone to them and got nowhere, your option updated phone in about 10 minutes, cheers

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 18 of 40
Message 18 of 40

i also have this problem... im on 2.1 now... but im trying to repair it via PCC...tsk3... how to solve this problem?? and another question the latest buildnumber update... still havent got it?? any reassuring words out there of why im still not getting it?? Slightly frowning Face

thanks

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 19 of 40
Message 19 of 40

i took off all the antivirus took down the firewall and used the update service and STILL SAME PROBLEM/... i get the bit where it says insert usb into phone while pushing on the back key.. NOTHING im just tired now of all this crap!

jezus christ im fed up!

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 20 of 40
Message 20 of 40

I had the same problem using my XP x64 PC but when I re booted into my Windows 7 partition it worked like a dream.

I am finding that W7 seems to have solved a lot of the old niggling problems.